Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Satans Dyna Fxrt Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 11:29 PM
LTLOTW
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Satans Dyna Fxrt Build

What's up. Everyone calls me satan, son of satan, lucifer, etc. Im a soon to be harley tech, graduating in a month. Sold my shovel and bought an fxdb and I'm lucky enough to be in a position where I can build one of my dream bikes. Now I'm from Ohio, and we don't have very many fxrt style bikes running around. In fact I've never seen one in person (in this state). Before you ask , I won't be doing wheelies or stunts. This bike is being built for aggressive riding through the valley and long tours with what ever chick I can pick up on the back haha.

this thread is mainly for my amusement and to archive everything I've done. Will be word heavy, i like to write. Now onto the build:

This is my 13 Streetbob. Mostly stock. Things like forwards, derby cover, and slip ons were already on the bike when I bought it. As it sits it has about 3666 miles on it.

first things first. Put her on the lift and started ripping her apart. The bike is getting a new paint job so everything has to go

Seat, fender and tank being ripped off. Removed battery box, and left side cover aswell. Nothing too crazy yet.

As you can see I removed the forwards, the outer, all the clutch and compensator guts and the inner aswell. Not a daunting task. But let's not kid ourselves. Switching from forwards to mids should not be this hard. And by the time you replace the inner main shaft seal, mid shaft bushing, gaskets, 5x inner sealing bolts..... this **** adds up. FAST.

however, it's "cheap" insurance

So far, the best part about this build is I get to do a full inspection on the bike. Getting an idea of how the PO took care of the bike and making sure everything is torqued properly is well worth the teardown in my opinion.

after I got the primary off , I took the tank off, the stock bars and a lot of chrome pieces that I ended up powdercoating black. I started with my pushrod covers, lifter covers and rocker boxes. Along with small details such as the pivot shaft cover and the neck stem cap

Prior to powdercoating obviously. The reason I'm powdercoating the lifter covers and rocker boxes is they were corroded and ugly like the one above. The pushrod covers were just ugly chrome.

Not the best picture. But the powdercoat came out perfect (ignore finger prints) and it looks 10x better than it did. I'm debating on powdercoating the rocker box covers the same high gloss black. Personally I like the contrast but some people are saying I should match them. What do you think ?

bought some awesome risers and bars and threw them on. Also started working on blacking out the front end.
Made my own upper fork sliders and found some cheap 49mm boots on Amazon. I also blacked out the levers and even the pivot pins which had chrome tops. I chose a good time to buy powdercoating equipment.

also I'll note I pulled the exhaust off and installed a high flow backing plate aswell. Getting a new exhaust and tuner. 555 cams later.

that's it for now. I have a lot more done but I'll post sometime this week. And have way more things to do once parts come in. Thanks for reading

Old 05-29-2017, 06:37 AM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

Pretty cool. Top rockers gloss black, lowers chrome or silver for small contrast. Everything black kind of lets your eyes just glaze over the nice details instead of noticing them IMO

Old 05-29-2017, 06:54 AM
fugawi
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Nice!!!!

Old 05-29-2017, 07:02 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Awesome way to track progress and allow other members to gain ideas/knowledge. Good luck w/your future in bike wrench'n and can't wait to see how your ride transforms into awesomeness.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:27 AM
streetjoebob
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

looks super awesome dude.

where are you going to school at? do you enjoy the school? (i know you probably dont have much to compare too, haha)

Old 05-29-2017, 09:06 AM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 814 Likes on 498 Posts

Great stuff ! Will be following for sure !...b.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:05 PM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

I've only seen one here in Ohio. But it was an actual FXRT, or P whatever the police version is called. Still all stock I believe. Maybe I'll see you on the road. Look forward to following your build.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:10 PM
Sunday
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Where are you located at in Ohio. Hopefully soon I'll have an FXRT fairing, I'm in SE Ohio.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:28 PM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunday
Where are you located at in Ohio. Hopefully soon I'll have an FXRT fairing, I'm in SE Ohio.
I'm in Fairfield county

Old 05-29-2017, 08:32 PM
Sunday
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm down in Gallia.

Quick Reply: Satans Dyna Fxrt Build