Vance & Hines Vance & Hines is product design and manufacturing company that produces high quality, high margin Performance Products within the Powersports industry.

FP3 HELP, no green cells on Autotune

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 04:49 PM
SNDSLGR
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default FP3 HELP, no green cells on Autotune

After using a FP3 on my '15 ultra limited I talked a friend into buying one for his '08 Street Glide.

He has been trying for 10 months on and off to get a good autotune. The canned map gave some nice improvement but like the rest of us he wants to use all the features the FP3 offers.

He can initialize the autotune and it populates cells but will not EVER turn a cell green, not one. I can get 5-10 green cells in 10 min on mine. ( I get they are different bikes and mine is more modern but come on) ZERO green cells in what must be hundreds of miles by now.

After talking with VH many times he has changed his plugs, tried altering the O2 sensor voltage, and now has installed new O2 sensors. Nothing!

Anyone else have this trouble? VH seems to keep putting him off without much action, its your android (tried other phones including Iphone) ...working on it... must be the bike...adjust the O2 values etc.

At this point I think its time for them to step up and ship him a new unit to try out if they cant answer what is causing this malfunction.

No trouble codes, bike runs very well, 08 Street glide, K&N filter, otherwise all stock.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:24 PM
Uncle Fuzzy
Road Captain
Received 67 Likes on 61 Posts

I have been having the same problem with my 08 FLHX and have been in contact with Chris Neely @ V&H quite a bit.
The 08 model year HD released 3 different firmware versions.
Until recently, V&H was unaware until those of us that spun the roulette wheel and bought a bike with the less mainstream versions of three tried to auto tune with the FP3.. (No ****.. he told me it's been like 5 people including me).
He is working pretty hard to adjust my map until they have Harleys firmware versions worked out.
Probably be a couple weeks as they have been busy with the recent Android version updates not communicating over bluetooth with the FP3.
Customer service and communication has been very good so far.
I'm confident they will have it worked out soon.

The following 2 users liked this post by Uncle Fuzzy:
GalvTexGuy (06-15-2017), Hyper Piper (03-31-2018)
Old 06-14-2017, 10:47 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

I had the same problem the last time I tried to Autotune my 2014 Breakout, plenty of orange, but no green cells... It had worked fine 2 or 3 times, before I changed cams. I should add, that the bike runs GREAT on the FP3 base map, edited for the cams... I was just playing with it to see if A/T would make it even better!!

Last edited by Rocker B; 06-15-2017 at 02:37 AM.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:18 AM
SFinley70
Cruiser

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Default 08 Ultra Classic Anniversary /fp3 not populating green cells

Originally Posted by Uncle Fuzzy
I have been having the same problem with my 08 FLHX and have been in contact with Chris Neely @ V&H quite a bit.
The 08 model year HD released 3 different firmware versions.
Until recently, V&H was unaware until those of us that spun the roulette wheel and bought a bike with the less mainstream versions of three tried to auto tune with the FP3.. (No ****.. he told me it's been like 5 people including me).
He is working pretty hard to adjust my map until they have Harleys firmware versions worked out.
Probably be a couple weeks as they have been busy with the recent Android version updates not communicating over bluetooth with the FP3.
Customer service and communication has been very good so far.
I'm confident they will have it worked out soon.
Has anybody heard about a time frame of the update to fix this issue? It sounds like I'm in the same boat. I have the 08 Ultra Classic Anniversary with the fp3 and it doesn't matter how many tanks of gas or hundreds of miles i ride the fp3 will not populate green. I can get a steady orange and from my understanding that means its all the front cylinder and green would mean rear cylinder learned values. The only reason I bought the fp3 was the ability it claimed to autotune and so far that's a no go. I received an email from Vance and hines which said they are working on an update but have no time frame on when it will be released. Anybody else heard anything? I feel like this has been waste of my money with this product. Any information would be appreciated here

Old 07-08-2017, 11:33 AM
Uncle Fuzzy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SFinley70
Has anybody heard about a time frame of the update to fix this issue? It sounds like I'm in the same boat. I have the 08 Ultra Classic Anniversary with the fp3 and it doesn't matter how many tanks of gas or hundreds of miles i ride the fp3 will not populate green. I can get a steady orange and from my understanding that means its all the front cylinder and green would mean rear cylinder learned values. The only reason I bought the fp3 was the ability it claimed to autotune and so far that's a no go. I received an email from Vance and hines which said they are working on an update but have no time frame on when it will be released. Anybody else heard anything? I feel like this has been waste of my money with this product. Any information would be appreciated here

There was just a firmware update yesterday. Chris asked me to download the new firmware and then open an autotune session and then upload the map to V&H while in autotune.
Prolly won't hear anything back from him till monday.
Haven't rode much at all since the download so no feedback on the autotune just yet.
Chris did say uploading in autotune will let them see how the ECM is interacting so I don't think the new firmware is the FINAL fix.

Old 07-08-2017, 01:36 PM
SFinley70
Cruiser

There was just a firmware update yesterday. Chris asked me to download the new firmware and then open an autotune session and then upload the map to V&H while in autotune.
Haven't rode much at all since the download so no feedback on the autotune just yet.
Chris did say uploading in autotune will let them see how the ECM is interacting so I don't think the new firmware is the FINAL fix.
appreciated

Last edited by SFinley70; 07-08-2017 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:48 PM
SFinley70
Cruiser

is it supposed to show new firmware update? I went outside and connected to my fp3 and it just did its usual but never showed an update available to me. I originally had the Harley Davidson stage1 firmware but never was satisfied with the results plus i recently installed True dual Headers with Rhinehart Slip ons and of course inhave the screaming eagle stage1 air filter but anyways i am looking to autotune my canned map so i can get the most out of my setup. Im a lil confused on rather it the app for fp3 says new update available or does it just automatically update without me knowing there was an update? My apologies for the edit here. I just know when i went out and tried to see if update was available my fp3 just loaded like it always does and never showed i had an update available. Again thanks in advance for taking the time to help me out with the issue im experiencing with the fp3 autotune /update. Also my current fp3 firmware shows 6.1.7.0 would that be the updated firmware?

Last edited by SFinley70; 07-08-2017 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Just to clarify what i mean about showing an update
Old 07-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Uncle Fuzzy
Road Captain

is it supposed to show new firmware update? I went outside and connected to my fp3 and it just did its usual but never showed an update available to me. I originally had the Harley Davidson stage1 firmware but never was satisfied with the results plus i recently installed True dual Headers with Rhinehart Slip ons and of course inhave the screaming eagle stage1 air filter but anyways i am looking to autotune my canned map so i can get the most out of my setup. Im a lil confused on rather it the app for fp3 says new update available or does it just automatically update without me knowing there was an update? My apologies for the edit here. I just know when i went out and tried to see if update was available my fp3 just loaded like it always does and never showed i had an update available. Again thanks in advance for taking the time to help me out with the issue im experiencing with the fp3 autotune /update. Also my current fp3 firmware shows 6.1.7.0 would that be the updated firmware?
I'll check here in a few for sure but I think the new version is 6.8.4??
I'll get right back to you

Old 07-08-2017, 06:22 PM
SFinley70
Cruiser

I'll check here in a few for sure but I think the new version is 6.8.4??
I'll get right back to you
thanks i really appreciate you taking the time to help me figure this out

Old 07-08-2017, 06:36 PM
Uncle Fuzzy
Road Captain

thanks i really appreciate you taking the time to help me figure this out
No problem..
Happy to help.
I show new version as 6.1.8.0
I did a few errands on the bike for about 45min..
Still all orange.
It's hot as hell here today but if I get out tonight I'll report back if I see any green.

Last edited by Uncle Fuzzy; 07-08-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Quick Reply: FP3 HELP, no green cells on Autotune