Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What type of sunglasses

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 12:06 AM
balloo
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default What type of sunglasses

Most of the area where I ride has a lot of trees, so I am ridding in and out of the sun.
My current glasses are great until I hit shade, and then I cannot see well enough to avoid bumps/etc.
What do you folks recommend?
Thanks,
Balloo

Old 07-18-2017, 01:48 AM
NCBANDIT
Tourer
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

I use the Bobster Cruiser II goggles. They have 3 interchangeable lenses. The amber color would be perfect for this situation. If you don't like goggles find you a pair of light amber sun glasses.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:29 AM
Joe J
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You could try something with Photocromic lenses. Recently got a pair from 7eye that seem to change pretty quick. Also like the air shield gasket it keeps crap out of my eyes.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:49 AM
Gaz B
Cruiser
Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

If as I am and you're a contact lens wearer try and go for a pair that sit fairly close and ideally have (as said above) the gasket.
Believe me there's nothing worse for contact lens wearers than having dry eyes caused by the wind blowing past the frame.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:05 AM
Whtwolf14
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

I use a pair of Oakleys with Gold Iridium lenses. Not bad but I understand where yo coming from. Can't seem to find suitable riding glasses that fit my big ugly mug.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:11 AM
JeffJA
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

i have a set of RayBans and KD's i use, like them both so far.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:13 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,004 Likes on 2,817 Posts

Ray Ban Aviators! Too cool for school, fool.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:18 AM
Joe J
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaz B
If as I am and you're a contact lens wearer try and go for a pair that sit fairly close and ideally have (as said above) the gasket.
Believe me there's nothing worse for contact lens wearers than having dry eyes caused by the wind blowing past the frame.

Agree 100% mainly bought them for the gasket but found I like the photo lenses as well. I will say i have a pair of RayBan's that i love but can't wear them without windshield on.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:59 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

I just had to start wearing prescription glasses at 51 years old! I used to prefer the ones with the gaskets/seals on the back or the rounded/curved Ray Bans. I have a pair of HD glasses with the seals that change light to dark fairly quickly. My prescription ones take forever to get dark or lighten up.

I have a 3/4 helmet with a flip down dark visor that's great for this situation. I mostly wear it on the highway but I've been using my crazy al's more an more on the highway.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:09 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,934 Likes on 1,111 Posts

Take a tip from the shooting sports crowd. In circumstances you describe, bronze, brown, reddish, dark amber, vermilion etc. lenses will make Bambi stand out better against a forest background. Don't get polarized lenses, especially if you need to see LCD displays. They're overrated for situations not involving a lot of glare anyway and probably not worth the extra cost.

Quick Reply: What type of sunglasses