Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone considering magnum shielding, read this

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 01:37 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 257 Likes on 199 Posts
Default Anyone considering magnum shielding, read this

I ordered my extended and brake line so I can put my 16 inch apes on my lrs. Finally got time Sunday to install them and instead of the junction block with caliper lines, one master cylinder line, and two female abs line ports, I got a block with caliper lines and one female port, then another block with one female port and one male port. Completely different than the pic on ms website, what's on the bike, and what I expected it to look like so I automatically thought I got a line for non abs.

Talked to customer service, who was awesome by the way, and they sent me a pic of what I should have received. Their pic was completely different from what I had, but looked identical to the HD part. The difference in the design really threw me off so this thread is for anyone else who is buying from them and hopefully will eliminate some of the confusion. I still can't believe that with my experience as an automotive mechanic, that I ****ed this up but hopefully I'll be the only one. I'll explain how this fits in the pictures I post. It's actually very simple, so I guess I'm just an idiot.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:46 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

The two blocks "puzzle piece" together (as customer service worded it). They both mount with the same bolt from the stock block

The female port is the fluid coming out of the abs module, then obviously the other two lines are for the calipers

The female port on this block is the fluid supply for the abs module, and the male is where the master cylinder line goes

This is the picture they sent me of what I should have received, and what is shown on their website. Being shown a one piece design, and receiving a two piece design made me think I had a non abs line kit, and sending me a pic of a one piece design didn't help.

Mother than that, they have excellent customer service, they respond and address any problems very quickly (instead of waitin 3 ****in days for an email like another company I won't mention) and the product itself is just ****in beautiful. I love how the fittings are black as well instead of having black lines with chrome fittings on a blacked out bike. I'd highly recommend magnum shielding. Once I get my apes on I'll post a thread.

Last edited by Nickd2689; 07-18-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:50 PM
Highwaymans
Road Warrior
Received 489 Likes on 328 Posts

Waaaaayyy too big of a deal. I installed the one in pics on mine. Buddy bought a set a few months later and got what u got. Installed those ones with no breakdowns. Really not all that tough to install em.

They dont look nearly as nice after they get a few bends from flexing.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:07 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickd2689
This is the picture they sent me of what I should have received, and what is shown on their website. Being shown a one piece design, and receiving a two piece design made me think I had a non abs line kit, and sending me a pic of a one piece design didn't help.

Mother than that, they have excellent customer service, they respond and address any problems very quickly (instead of waitin 3 ****in days for an email like another company I won't mention) and the product itself is just ****in beautiful. I love how the fittings are black as well instead of having black lines with chrome fittings on a blacked out bike. I'd highly recommend magnum shielding. Once I get my apes on I'll post a thread.
that's not a 1 piece design. the two parts you posted above are jointed in the the 4th picture.

Last edited by cvaria; 07-18-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:11 PM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Not gonna lie, I stared at the "puzzle pieces" as well for a bit trying to figure out flow etc. They seem good quality to me. Time will tell

Old 07-18-2017, 04:15 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cvaria
that's not a 1 piece design. the two parts you posted above are jointed in the the 4th picture.

yea I didn't notice that. Just looked like one piece. Either way I'm glad I don't have to wait for a new part. I do think they should add another pic on their website though cause it's easy to mistake the pic for one piece then think you got the wrong part. Either way I'm happy and can't wait to get my apes on

Old 07-18-2017, 04:22 PM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior
Received 148 Likes on 63 Posts

Just a heads up.. They also make all the factory lines for Harley...

Old 07-18-2017, 04:34 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
Just a heads up.. They also make all the factory lines for Harley...
if if that's true then they're ****in geniuses to make it one piece so you have to buy a whole assembly to modify your bars.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:35 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

if if that's true then they're ****in geniuses to make it one piece so you have to buy a whole assembly to modify your bars.
My thoughts too - Well played if that's the case.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:11 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

yea I didn't notice that. Just looked like one piece. Either way I'm glad I don't have to wait for a new part. I do think they should add another pic on their website though cause it's easy to mistake the pic for one piece then think you got the wrong part. Either way I'm happy and can't wait to get my apes on
apes? you have a lrs, right?

Quick Reply: Anyone considering magnum shielding, read this