General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SO PISSED at Harley right now....

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 02:01 PM
psoff
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default SO PISSED at Harley right now....

I have a 2017 Street Glide CVO that I'm putting a 23" wheel on and have a 23" wrapped front fender that needs to be painted to match. I contacted Gunslinger Custom Paint in Colorado who is contracted to paint CVO's for Harley. They were more than willing to paint the fender for $525. Sounded perfect to me...BUT they had to contact Harley to get permission to do it. The woman from Gunslinger contacted her person from Harley and she said they would not give the permission. WTF...
I called the main customer service number and the guy on at Harley gave me the run-around because he has no idea who to ask to get the permission and he did not want to help me by inquiring about it up his chain of command.
I would understand if Harley had 1 for me to order. Harley does not even offer a 23" fender let alone one that is painted to match my CVO. So now I'm stuck with trying to find a local shop to hopefully match the paint and will most likely charge me much more. The biggest risk is the paint wont match. I'm so freaking pissed right now. If I knew more about the CVO's before I bought this bike I NEVER would have done it. I paid almost double for the bike and then they really dont care about taking care of something this simple as giving permission to paint 1 fender. I will never buy a CVO again. In fact I might have to think long and hard if its time to switch over to Indian for my next purchase.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:04 PM
EricRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 629 Posts

Is there another painter Harley can authorize?

Old 09-20-2017, 02:13 PM
psoff
Cruiser

The problem is "Harley"...They will not authorize it. The painter (Gunslinger Custom Paint) is more than willing to paint it for me. They just need Harley to give permission and Harley said "No".

Old 09-20-2017, 02:17 PM
LoneWoolf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 486 Posts

Harley doesn't care if you paint your fender, they're just not going to give some painter the green light to utilize a CVO special color on a non Harley part. Actually, you might want to thank Harley for being careful about insuring that the color is not available for non HD parts.

How'd you feel if you pulled up to a stop light and some 19yr old Squid slid up next to you on his Honda Grom that was the exact same color as your ridiculously over priced CVO that you couldn't wait to get?

Last edited by LoneWoolf; 09-20-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:21 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Is it a "special" color that only HD has? Is there another color that's similar? Have you went to another painter?

Old 09-20-2017, 02:23 PM
mastergunnera8
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 102 Posts

I wish I could remember exactly but there is a shop in New Jersey that matches..look on the CVO forum site...www.CVOHARLEY.com

https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=110153.0

EDIT: This guy

http://www.xtremedimension.com/

He does killer helmet paint matches also...

Last edited by mastergunnera8; 09-20-2017 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:27 PM
psoff
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mastergunnera8
I wish I could remember exactly but there is a shop in New Jersey that matches..look on the CVO forum site...www.CVOHARLEY.com

EDIT: This guy

https://www.facebook.com/Xtreme-Dime...8014827601333/
Yes I contacted this place. They want $800 and I would need to ship him my new and current fender. So probably another $100 for shipping.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:31 PM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,363 Likes on 2,203 Posts

Im a bit confused. HD is looking to protect itself and youre pissed.. (as stated above) I applaud HD for protecting the CVO exclusivity.

The following users liked this post:
mastergunnera8 (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 02:34 PM
psoff
Cruiser

Originally Posted by LoneWoolf
Harley doesn't care if you paint your fender, they're just not going to give some painter the green light to utilize a CVO special color on a non Harley part. Actually, you might want to thank Harley for being careful about insuring that the color is not available for non HD parts.

How'd you feel if you pulled up to a stop light and some 19yr old Squid slid up next to you on his Honda Grom that was the exact same color as your ridiculously over priced CVO that you couldn't wait to get?
Harley is only protecting their Brand in other words there money. These colors can be closely matched. and if I were doing the whole bike that wouldn't be an issue. Its when you have new paint parts next to old paint parts.

Also I looking at some of there more recent colors... they are almost a perfect match to a lot of Chrysler colors. The New 2018 Gray Rode Glide CVO...same as 2017 Charger Gray.
Anyway in the end it's just a freaking fender.... only 1 fender and the company that painted all the CVO's would be doing it. Wouldn't Harley want the bike to look it's best if it is to be out representing their product?
They care nothing about there customers what so ever.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:38 PM
katanaplanet
Banned
Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts

Why would Gunslinger need to get a permission from Moco to paint an aftermarket fender? I can understand if he has to buy paint from them or anything else which is exclusive to HD.

Quick Reply: SO PISSED at Harley right now....