Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatbob 114 autotune

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 12:17 AM
imovelives
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fatbob 114 autotune

Hello, I’m new to this forum and new to auto tuning with the FP3. So V/H says they do not yet have any maps for my FATBOB. I just installed TBR exhaust to my 114 fatbob. I loaded the FP3 and started auto tuning from my stock map. Do I do 3 full 45 minute rides before finalizing the tune? Any advice would be appreaciated.

Thanks

Old 11-18-2017, 12:18 AM
imovelives
Advanced

Just to add, i posted this on tuner section with no responses.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:20 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

I think you can apply learned values then go again mate !
That will get you closer each time !~

Old 11-18-2017, 01:01 AM
Toner123
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

If you apply learned values it will clear the map, so make sure to take a screen shot before you do. When I did it on my ultra limited, i applied a couple of times before I closed out the auto tune. Although I didn't have a very good experience with it. I like the fp3 but wasn't a fan of the auto tune. I almost dropped my bike a couple times because of it. For some reason when I would lightly give gas as I was letting out on the clutch the bike would start having blow back through the Intake and would stall out. Well, when the handle bars are turned and it jolts and dies,you realize how heavy 800 lbs really is. I ended up giving up on the auto tune and flashed the ecu with the remaining learned values.

Last edited by Toner123; 11-18-2017 at 01:03 AM.
The following users liked this post:
imovelives (11-18-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 02:32 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Toner123
If you apply learned values it will clear the map, so make sure to take a screen shot before you do. When I did it on my ultra limited, i applied a couple of times before I closed out the auto tune. Although I didn't have a very good experience with it. I like the fp3 but wasn't a fan of the auto tune. I almost dropped my bike a couple times because of it. For some reason when I would lightly give gas as I was letting out on the clutch the bike would start having blow back through the Intake and would stall out. Well, when the handle bars are turned and it jolts and dies,you realize how heavy 800 lbs really is. I ended up giving up on the auto tune and flashed the ecu with the remaining learned values.
Did you add the values to the bikes current map on the bike ,I was under the impression it just added to the tune ??

Old 11-18-2017, 03:32 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,459 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Can't speak for the FP3, but on the PowerVision, you select the map you want to autotune, then do a tuning run for as short or as long as you like.

Then you save those changes as a new map and flash that new map to the bike.

Then for the next run, you select that map, do the autotune process again and save it as another new map - flash to the bike. Rinse, repeat.....until you are happy.

Old 11-18-2017, 06:14 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

I've used the FP3 on 4 of my other HD's. As others have said, just apply the learned values and keep Auto Tuning if you like. Please note that you will NEVER fill in all of the cells on the grid. I would say that 45 mins to an hour of various riding conditions would suffice.

Old 11-18-2017, 06:47 AM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Time or number of tanks of fuel is irrelevant ...you need as many green cells as possible. To get anywhere close, you need a lot more than is in the picture you provided.

V&H were going to do a how to guide ...guess it 'aint turned up yet.

If you are serious about tuning read the tuning forum and see what others do with other devices. Tuning is NOT as DIY as V&H FP3 would have you think, so good luck with the FP3

Last edited by Gordon61; 11-18-2017 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:59 AM
imovelives
Advanced

Originally Posted by badcooky
Did you add the values to the bikes current map on the bike ,I was under the impression it just added to the tune ??
I did it twice. Both times it cleared the tube and not added.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:35 AM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,149 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon61
...Tuning is NOT as DIY as V&H FP3 would have you think, so good luck with the FP3
But but but... It says "Auto Tune" right? You like just push that button and stuff... and like ride around a bit... and voila... Your stuff is tuned. No?

Quick Reply: Fatbob 114 autotune