Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel moto 117 kit for 2018 softtail

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 11:54 PM
Toner123
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Fuel moto 117 kit for 2018 softtail

Hey everyone. I know there are post already about this but they all seemed to get junked up a little. I am really considering going with the fuel moto 117 kit for my street bob. My question is, their website shows them for the touring models but doesn't really list them for the new softails. Now I am pretty sure all will be ok considering they are the same motors, but I am wondering if the cam it comes with would be a good one. I can see how it would be good for a bagger but with us being lighter, maybe there will be a better suited one? Also I would appreciate any opinions on the kit, people who have purchased a big bore kit, and anyone who has installed.

Thanks,
Frank

Old 12-13-2017, 12:50 AM
UHDhog
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

Call and talk to them. Their customer service is second to none. They will answer any questions you have about your build. Tell them how you ride and they will have plenty of options.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:13 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,406 Likes on 4,014 Posts

Originally Posted by UHDhog
Call and talk to them. Their customer service is second to none. They will answer any questions you have about your build. Tell them how you ride and they will have plenty of options.

They have always given me options without trying to up-sell....

They know how their kits perform with the various cams available. Tell them what you want and they will be able to give you options based on their knowledge and experience...

Post back what you end up doing and how it works out...!

Old 12-13-2017, 10:44 AM
Patrick- FM
Platinum Sponsor
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Toner123
Hey everyone. I know there are post already about this but they all seemed to get junked up a little. I am really considering going with the fuel moto 117 kit for my street bob. My question is, their website shows them for the touring models but doesn't really list them for the new softails. Now I am pretty sure all will be ok considering they are the same motors, but I am wondering if the cam it comes with would be a good one. I can see how it would be good for a bagger but with us being lighter, maybe there will be a better suited one? Also I would appreciate any opinions on the kit, people who have purchased a big bore kit, and anyone who has installed.

Thanks,
Frank
Hey Frank, we do have kits for the M8 Softails but the trouble right now is that there aren't exhaust systems available currently for the new Softail's models to really support the big bore/cam's. Give us a call.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:35 AM
UHDhog
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick- FM
Hey Frank, we do have kits for the M8 Softails but the trouble right now is that there aren't exhaust systems available currently for the new Softail's models to really support the big bore/cam's. Give us a call.
Second to none. When I get some extra cash to toss around, I'll be doing a FM build.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:02 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,406 Likes on 4,014 Posts

Originally Posted by UHDhog
Second to none. When I get some extra cash to toss around, I'll be doing a FM build.
I'm still saving to put their Outlaw 126 in my '12 bagger.....!!!

Old 12-13-2017, 05:38 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Spf fabrications can make you a pipe. I'm close to having him build me one.

Old 12-13-2017, 05:45 PM
fword714
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bassani already makes exhaust for the 2018 soft tail models... That's not enough flow?

Old 12-13-2017, 06:48 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by fword714
Bassani already makes exhaust for the 2018 soft tail models... That's not enough flow?
For me no

Old 12-13-2017, 08:44 PM
Toner123
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Appreciate the reply. I'll give you all a shout this week to try and help determine what you think is best for what I am looking for.

Quick Reply: Fuel moto 117 kit for 2018 softtail