Sponsored by:

My Dealer’s Insight on MoCo Voiding Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 09:23 AM
ghostrunner
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 148 Posts
Default My Dealer’s Insight on MoCo Voiding Warranty

Just had a long talk with my service manager about my bike. I was gonna go to stage 4 but we were gonna use the stage 3 cam for the torque to come on sooner. But things changed when shop looking into doing this.

First off to keep warranty intact was gonna use the harley tuner with the smart tune. Knew the tuner by itself couldn’t adjust enough so thought the smart tuner would do it. After checking found neither would work. Then he said MoCo would void warranty if they knew was doing this even though was all their parts cuz wasn’t a kit they put together and didn’t meet their specs.

He says he’s never red flagged a bike to void a warranty and will never do it. The only time it would happen is if bike comes in for work and harley gets involved and asks straight out if the bike has been modded illegally.

But here’s where he says Harley does most of the red flagging. Anyone going to a rally or event there is people harley sends out to walk the parking lots to look for things that stand out like exhaust, air cleaners cuz they know the pro tuner will not adjust these and trailer hitches They then take pictures and get serial numbers and pass on to harley and they then void the warranty.

He knows this for a fact cuz couple bikes from our dealer got their warranty voided after attending Bikes Blues and BBQ this year in Arkansas.

This is just his insight on this and i can’t really verify it but wouldn’t put it pass the MoCo

Old 12-13-2017, 09:30 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

I think thats wild speculation. Totally unnecessary, because they can easily request the information they need for any major repair. I'm sure they wouldnt approve a major repair without demanding the data off the ECM that HD uses to detect 3rd party tuners.

Old 12-13-2017, 09:41 AM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
I think thats wild speculation. Totally unnecessary, because they can easily request the information they need for any major repair. I'm sure they wouldnt approve a major repair without demanding the data off the ECM that HD uses to detect 3rd party tuners.
I agree with this. I think your SM is most likely a very nice guy, but he likes to talk.

Old 12-13-2017, 09:44 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
I agree with this. I think your SM is most likely a very nice guy, but he likes to talk.

Old 12-13-2017, 09:48 AM
cbrenthus
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,574 Likes on 662 Posts

Can I buy some pot from you?

The following 2 users liked this post by cbrenthus:
Eccool (12-13-2017), Uncle Larry (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 09:51 AM
Ninety8NeonACR
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

They sell the heads separately from the stage kits. If a person already had stage 3 done and wanted to add the heads it would still have a valid warranty wouldn't it.

Old 12-13-2017, 09:58 AM
Clutched
Tourer
Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts

I agree I would Change Dealers They Must Be Tokeing!

[/QUOTE]

Attached Thumbnails -bike3.jpg  
Old 12-13-2017, 10:11 AM
ghostrunner
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 148 Posts

Like I said just his thoughts cuz one of the customers got their warranty voided after attending the event in Arkansas. As far as a dealer goes they are very good and take good care of us.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:17 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

My local had a regional rep looking at and taking pictures of "modded" bikes in the parking lot a few months back. The thought was he was flagging VIN's.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:21 AM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts

Whats next, just thinking about your warranty will void your warranty? When will this madness end.

Quick Reply: My Dealer’s Insight on MoCo Voiding Warranty