Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Hate Seat Threads But..

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 10:30 AM
OldManLeadSled
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default I Hate Seat Threads But..

Not asking necessarily for comfort advice, just can't find sufficient threads/pictures on the seats I'm looking at for my dyna.

Le Pera Sprocket -not even on the Le Pera website but it's for sale on DeadBeat, Get Lowered, Revzilla, etc. Need a picture or two of one on a bike!

Saddlemen Renegade Solo LS -again, no pics on a bike. I even emailed Saddlemen requesting one, no response thus far

Roland Sands Bob Job Boss -I actually Can find pics of this one. Looking for opinions, I really like the exposed tank bolts. Any similar seats to this one other than the solo Biltwell makes?

I'm looking for rad, solo, double diamond or tuck n roll seats so no interest in comfy ones like the wide mustang etc.

I apologize for another mind numbing seat thread.

Old 03-21-2018, 01:26 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 559 Posts

I have the 2-up version of the RSD seat you are looking at. It is my third daily seat that I have tried and doubt I will ever change from it. It is narrow and shallow but sits far back as well. Good for people who like to elongate their sitting position or have mid controls and have issues getting both feet on the ground. Also pretty decent back support for such a small seat. It is comfortable enough for daily riding and great if you don't like your knees flopping too far from the tank.

Old 03-21-2018, 04:53 PM
madhat
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Harley shop has a boat load of demo seats you can check out and install for a few days to see how you like it... Not sure if yours does or not.

Old 03-21-2018, 05:49 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 139 Posts

Have you tired a Lowrider S stock seat? I found mine was really comfortable (even did 3000 miles on a trip) but also looked awesome. You could probably pick one up for $100 and have it recovered with the stitching look you're going for pretty easily.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:54 PM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

I have saddlemen TR two up. Love it.

I can snap pictures, but doesn't sound like that's what you are lookin for

Old 03-22-2018, 06:49 AM
Cogswell
Road Captain
Received 261 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
I have the 2-up version of the RSD seat you are looking at. It is my third daily seat that I have tried and doubt I will ever change from it. It is narrow and shallow but sits far back as well. Good for people who like to elongate their sitting position or have mid controls and have issues getting both feet on the ground. Also pretty decent back support for such a small seat. It is comfortable enough for daily riding and great if you don't like your knees flopping too far from the tank.

That's a good looking seat.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:44 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 559 Posts
Old 03-22-2018, 04:04 PM
OldManLeadSled
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the replies.

No doubt if I was going for a 2 up seat, it would be the Saddlemen Stepup. That's my favorite high backed seat, it beats Lucky Daves, BMC & Le Pera in my opinion.

But I'm really leaning towards the solo, double diamond seat on my Dyna. I'm a bigger guy, 6'3" so I like leg room too. Wish I could get a pic of the Saddlemen Renegade on a Dyna. Finally got an email back from them, they have a pic of one on a breakout and one on a Road Glide. No Dyna.

I've thought about picking up a stock solo for a little less cash, but that's not quite as "cool".... lol
My closest dealer is 100 miles away and I think they only stock HD seats?

Old 03-22-2018, 04:12 PM
USMC2010
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

The breakout may be about as close a view as you want to see unless someone pops up with an actual pic.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:18 AM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 805 Likes on 539 Posts

https://www.ccseats.com/harley.html

Don't think you'll find a better seat, quality is second to none. JMO.

Quick Reply: I Hate Seat Threads But..