Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 speaker only

Old 04-22-2018, 08:42 AM
sbeamer
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Default 2 speaker only

First I'd like to say "Thanks" to; everyone who posts here! Lots of good info!
Ive read most of them over the last 4 years.
So, I have a basic upgrade. BT amp and AA 602's. They were a recommendation from Alex @ Baagger Audio. After it was installed, it was definitely louder. But didn't sound full. So I came here to learn more. And I did.
After learning to do the "reset", the sound was alot better! Changing the software version also made a pretty good improvement. The only thing I could add is, I really don' hear much difference between the 1.19.0 and the very latest 1.22.0.1 I know most of them in between weren't good at all. So now I actually have to ride it down the road to hear what it sounds like in real time.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:03 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by sbeamer
So, I have a basic upgrade. BT amp and AA 602's. They were a recommendation from Alex @ Baagger Audio. After it was installed, it was definitely louder. But didn't sound full. So I came here to learn more. And I did.
After learning to do the "reset", the sound was alot better! Changing the software version also made a pretty good improvement. The only thing I could add is, I really don' hear much difference between the 1.19.0 and the very latest 1.22.0.1 I know most of them in between weren't good at all. So now I actually have to ride it down the road to hear what it sounds like in real time.
Anyone else do this comparison between software versions? There are some features on the newer software that I would like to take advantage of if the audio quality is comparable.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:31 AM
TexasD
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by sbeamer
I am having similar issues with my setup stock 4.3 HU with CV B52 and MPX 165.3's. No matter what I do the sound is just not full at all. I'm wondering my system would benefit from a "reset". I have researched but didn't see where anyone specifically did this to the 4.3 unit.

Old 04-24-2018, 07:07 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasD
I am having similar issues with my setup stock 4.3 HU with CV B52 and MPX 165.3's. No matter what I do the sound is just not full at all. I'm wondering my system would benefit from a "reset". I have researched but didn't see where anyone specifically did this to the 4.3 unit.
Can be done on either radio.
http://www.biketronics.com/content/Reset.pdf