Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help on my EIGHT or TEN speaker set up!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 12:46 AM
EMSguy
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on my EIGHT or TEN speaker set up!

My plan is for an ALL 8ohm speaker system...2015 FLHTCUL Ultra Classic Low with non Boom/stock system - replace 5.25” fairings with 6.5” coax or three ways, add 6.5” woofers to vented lower fairings, upgrade Tour Pack with 6.5” two or three ways, and replace stock saddlebag lids with either a single OR dual 6x9 set up.

My needs are 1) speaker brand/model suggestions based on the above info, 2) subsequent speaker wiring options, based on 3) amp requirements - looking for the safest, most cost effective yet best sounding options available considering my particular bike and whatever space I have behind that fairing.for amps.

I appreciate your skilled and knowledgeable input - I know there are a good bunch of very audio tech savvy guys on here.

Last edited by EMSguy; 06-20-2018 at 12:50 AM.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:14 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by EMSguy
My plan is for an ALL 8ohm speaker system...2015 FLHTCUL Ultra Classic Low with non Boom/stock system - replace 5.25” fairings with 6.5” coax or three ways, add 6.5” woofers to vented lower fairings, upgrade Tour Pack with 6.5” two or three ways, and replace stock saddlebag lids with either a single OR dual 6x9 set up.

My needs are 1) speaker brand/model suggestions based on the above info, 2) subsequent speaker wiring options, based on 3) amp requirements - looking for the safest, most cost effective yet best sounding options available considering my particular bike and whatever space I have behind that fairing.for amps.

I appreciate your skilled and knowledgeable input - I know there are a good bunch of very audio tech savvy guys on here.
Need Clarification. Your first sentence indicates you want a system with 8 ohm speakers. Your next two sentence's indicate you want to go with coaxial 3 way speakers? Basically 3 different set up's you can go with on a bike. Coaxial, Component or Pro Audio. Coaxial s and Components can be ran together. Pro Audio is a pretty much stand alone system due to the high SPL. The coax and comps can't keep up. 8 ohm speakers are normally associated with a Pro Audio system, Hope this helps.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:42 AM
EMSguy
2nd Gear

actually no, that did not help at all.

so let me clarify, I am looking to run a pro audio system. I am not looking to run components.

my post asks how to run the wiring/connect all the speakers, and I would like to know what amplifiers would be appropriate to do so.

thanks

Old 06-20-2018, 05:49 AM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,247 Likes on 1,517 Posts

Gan is one of the gurus here. He asked a legit question based on your info you gave. You said components and PA speakers which don't mix.
Figure out you speaker choice then you can figure out which amps and your wiring.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:04 AM
Respect
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

actually no, that did not help at all.

so let me clarify, I am looking to run a pro audio system. I am not looking to run components.

my post asks how to run the wiring/connect all the speakers, and I would like to know what amplifiers would be appropriate to do so.

thanks
What is your definition of "pro audio"?

Have you considered a Boom! Audio system?

Old 06-20-2018, 06:22 AM
Nitrochicken
Road Master
Received 153 Likes on 87 Posts
Old 06-20-2018, 06:22 AM
EMSguy
2nd Gear

Thanks for the prompt to clarify further. I will be using 8ohm coaxial speakers...

And I’m not looking to use a Harley-based upgraded system

Thanks

Old 06-20-2018, 06:38 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Need Clarification. Your first sentence indicates you want a system with 8 ohm speakers. Your next two sentence's indicate you want to go with coaxial 3 way speakers? Basically 3 different set up's you can go with on a bike. Coaxial, Component or Pro Audio. Coaxial s and Components can be ran together. Pro Audio is a pretty much stand alone system due to the high SPL. The coax and comps can't keep up. 8 ohm speakers are normally associated with a Pro Audio system, Hope this helps.
Okay - You need 2 Soundigital 800.4 amps. 3 sets of 8 ohm PRV 6MR500-NDY. for upper/lower fairing and the rear pods. One set of PRV 8MB600FT 8' speakers for the saddle bags, A set of SBD lids with a set of PRV 8MR500-NDY-4 in the lids. Two sets of DD VO B3 Horns and last but not least an ARC PSM digital sound processor. Wire bridged parallel. .

Old 06-20-2018, 06:39 AM
USAproud
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 111 Posts

Thanks for the prompt to clarify further. I will be using 8ohm coaxial speakers...

And I’m not looking to use a Harley-based upgraded system

Thanks
Need specs on those speakers to provide a good suggestion for an app and wiring. List what make and model speaker for each location. Will help get you the beat answers

Old 06-20-2018, 07:45 AM
Ron D 33
Road Captain

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Respect
What is your definition of "pro audio"?

Have you considered a Boom! Audio system?
Boom Audio is good stuff, but J & M is awesome too! I think there's a forum member that's a vendor who can chime in to help. His name is Jack or John if I remember correctly. I would also put as many subs as possible on the bike in parallel bridged configuration. It'll sound awesome crusing around.

Last edited by Ron D 33; 06-20-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Need help on my EIGHT or TEN speaker set up!