Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Glide seat options/reviews

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 05:09 PM
bike_r_trash
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Sport Glide seat options/reviews

Full disclosure: I'm a huge Mustang seats fan. Have had them on all my bikes. They don't have a seat yet for the Sport Glide. I'm still in pain from a 220-mile day on the stock POS seat. My dealer ordered me the HD Sundowner, which is supposed to fit on the Sport Glide and Low Rider. Take a look at the photo. I don't think it fits. At least, I didn't think so and didn't buy it.

So, I'm looking for your seat reviews. Yeah, it's subjective and nearly as bad as an oil thread...but, I'll risk asking anyway.

That doesn't seem to be designed for the bike and no way I'd want that ugly gap between the seat and the tank.

The following users liked this post:
GPHDXLC (06-23-2018)
Old 06-23-2018, 03:31 PM
rbouillion
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bike_r_trash
Full disclosure: I'm a huge Mustang seats fan. Have had them on all my bikes. They don't have a seat yet for the Sport Glide. I'm still in pain from a 220-mile day on the stock POS seat. My dealer ordered me the HD Sundowner, which is supposed to fit on the Sport Glide and Low Rider. Take a look at the photo. I don't think it fits. At least, I didn't think so and didn't buy it.

So, I'm looking for your seat reviews. Yeah, it's subjective and nearly as bad as an oil thread...but, I'll risk asking anyway.

That doesn't seem to be designed for the bike and no way I'd want that ugly gap between the seat and the tank.
Man I was about to pull the trigger on the Sundowner but I agree, that sure don't look like a good fit.

Last edited by rbouillion; 06-23-2018 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:33 PM
708encore
Cruiser
Received 71 Likes on 33 Posts

You saved me from a purchase. Thank you!

Old 06-23-2018, 03:57 PM
beardo
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Are you positive the tab is fully bedded into the hole? I know they can get locked in limbo, and produce what you are seeing. I wouldn't think Harley would have done that in purpose. Stranger things have happened.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:53 PM
bike_r_trash
Banned

Originally Posted by beardo
Are you positive the tab is fully bedded into the hole? I know they can get locked in limbo, and produce what you are seeing. I wouldn't think Harley would have done that in purpose. Stranger things have happened.
I agree it seems odd and maybe this one was defective. The seat was resting flat on the fender and the screw hole lined up. So it would seem to be where it needed to be. I couldn't get the seat to come forward at all.

Old 06-23-2018, 05:09 PM
708encore
Cruiser
Received 71 Likes on 33 Posts

Saddle man has explorer seats listed now for your bike but the link to it on the website doesn’t work yet.

https://www.saddlemen.com/explorer-5

Old 06-23-2018, 06:30 PM
rbouillion
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 708encore
Saddle man has explorer seats listed now for your bike but the link to it on the website doesn’t work yet.

https://www.saddlemen.com/explorer-5
How is the comfort on the Explorer seats? The pillion doesn't look as substantial as the one on the Sundowner.

Originally Posted by beardo
Not the fit they display on their webpage

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-04-2018 at 09:04 PM.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:09 PM
bike_r_trash
Banned

Originally Posted by rbouillion
Not the fit they display on their webpage
It's a lot easier to get things to line up in an "artist's rendering"...LOL. I can only report what happened in the real world. I have plenty of experience putting seats on a Harley, but I will acknowledge that it's possible I screwed up...but everything else lined up. It's also possible there was a problem with the seat. Maybe someone will post a photo of the sundowner on their Sport Glide.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:16 PM
beardo
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Can you retrace your steps and redo the install? It wouldn't be the first time a seat has got hung up. This just doesn't seem correct.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:46 PM
bike_r_trash
Banned

Unfortunately, I can't. I didn't wind up buying the seat. However, anytime I had a seat get hung up, the mounting tab didn't line up with the hole.

Quick Reply: Sport Glide seat options/reviews