Sponsored by:

Screamin' Eagle High-Flow Exhaust System with Street Cannon Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 07:30 AM
mstrobes
Road Master
Received 302 Likes on 129 Posts
Default Screamin' Eagle High-Flow Exhaust System with Street Cannon Mufflers

Anyone running Screamin' Eagle High-Flow Exhaust System with Street Cannon Mufflers w/ cats? How is the sound? are the baffles removable?

Old 09-15-2018, 09:30 AM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

I had the full SE exhaust installed with my Stage 1 prior to delivery. At first it didn't sound much different than stuck other than just a little deeper at idle and throatier under acceleration. After a few thousand miles the Street Cannons came to life and to me sounds great now.

Some had issues with the Cannons rattling but I have not experienced any of that with 15k miles on the odometer.

I've read on here where the baffles can be removed but I've never been one to delete anything. I really wasn't looking for performance at the time. I just didn't like the way the stock pipes looked, to me they look too skinny. I also like the way the crossover headers look and believe they are less restricted. With this setup my exhaust pressure is more even from both sides where the stock pipes are primarily more from the right side.

I don't know if it's any better than just adding slip ons but definitely more expensive. I think it looks and sounds great which is all that matters to me.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:15 AM
CWOFOR
Tourer
Received 140 Likes on 85 Posts

OP, I also am interested in hearing from those folks who ACTUALLY have this exhaust system. I hope you don't mind my tagging along. For CBYWAY; any heat issues with this system?

The following users liked this post:
PacoElProfesor (07-28-2019)
Old 09-16-2018, 07:51 AM
Newfie
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm on my second set. I have a 17 RGU with Stage II Torque kit, high ventilator breather; at first they sounded a bit weak but after 3000 miles they began to rumble nicely. Only problem was at 8000 miles the baffles broke and started to rattle like crazy. The dealer replaced them under warranty and indicated that there's been a couple come in with a broken wield on the inside baffle. Only 2000 miles on the new ones. More to follow.

Nice low rumble if they stay together, keep my fingers crossed.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:15 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,504 Likes on 4,415 Posts

Originally Posted by Newfie
I'm on my second set. I have a 17 RGU with Stage II Torque kit, high ventilator breather; at first they sounded a bit weak but after 3000 miles they began to rumble nicely. Only problem was at 8000 miles the baffles broke and started to rattle like crazy. The dealer replaced them under warranty and indicated that there's been a couple come in with a broken wield on the inside baffle. Only 2000 miles on the new ones. More to follow.

Nice low rumble if they stay together, keep my fingers crossed.
are you talking just the SC mufflers on stock head pipes? I experienced this problem but didn't have any reason to believe it would be apples to apples for the SC muffs included with the full SE exhaust kit since they have the cats in them and perhaps might be different enough to avoid the quality control problem just the catless muffs have had..initially upon the product release, I considered the SE full exhaust but felt it was not enough of a value based on cost vs performance, etc based on some research...it seems to me that perhaps it is intended to be best utilized in conjunction with the larger stage kits and SE ATM with WB 02s since the exhaust is tapped for them, to get the maximum benefits...further increasing the overall cost to around $2000 all together for just the parts...but following along to see if others along with CBW feel differently about their first hand experience

Old 09-16-2018, 08:24 AM
mstrobes
Road Master
Received 302 Likes on 129 Posts

Received My SE full exhaust $700 + shipping. Guy said Had 2000 mile on it. I'll let you know.

The following users liked this post:
PacoElProfesor (07-28-2019)
Old 09-16-2018, 08:29 AM
hollandhunter
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

I dont have the SE exhaust and breather. But i have been around several new bikes that do have it. An to me it doesnt sound much better then stock. So with that said if a man is simply wanting more sound and likes loud then SE isnt the way to go. Now if you want a few more Hp and a few more lbs of torque with a easy epa/warrenty compliant mod then se is the way to go. I personally dont think its worth the money and when my warrenty is up i will do a stage 1 with after market parts so i can get the sound i want and let the bike breath better.
On pre 2017 bikes i have heard and ran se pipes that sounded good. My buddy has a dyna that has SE pipes and breather and that thing thumps. But that was before harley got soft and the epa put there nose into the works.
The key to making you m8 sound good is getting rid of the cat imo. Get rid of the cat and find some pipes that are pretty open and you will get some sound. It will never sound like a evo or even a twin cam with open pipes but it will sound pretty good. I dont know about everyone but i didnt buy my touring bike to rattle the earth anyway. I want just enough to be heard but mild enough to ride all day and they not get on my nerves. I have had pipes before on older bikes thst just got plane old after riding all day.

Last edited by hollandhunter; 09-16-2018 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:05 AM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by CWOFOR
OP, I also am interested in hearing from those folks who ACTUALLY have this exhaust system. I hope you don't mind my tagging along. For CBYWAY; any heat issues with this system?
I've had no extreme heat issues with this set up. I have been stuck in extreme traffic, accidents, trains etc. When that happens and your not moving, the bike is idling, you know your on an air cooled V twin and of course it gets warm.

I have rode in Texas all my life. Any outdoor event includes extreme heat in the summer. What most people would consider extreme heat is no big deal here.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cbyway:
CWOFOR (09-16-2018), PacoElProfesor (07-28-2019)
Old 09-16-2018, 04:17 PM
redtwin
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Here is a little sound clip of my SE High flow with street cannons

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_2066SE high flow.MOV (2.18 MB, 792 views)
The following 3 users liked this post by redtwin:
dcfatboy (12-30-2020), jjlash (03-03-2020), Super2k (01-31-2020)
Old 09-16-2018, 07:14 PM
Newfie
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I only went with the SE Cannon on stock pipes. Got a great deal on the Cannons and now I may understand why....

Quick Reply: Screamin' Eagle High-Flow Exhaust System with Street Cannon Mufflers