2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount Extended Service Plan. Any info?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 09:25 AM
Jim Valldeperas
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discount Extended Service Plan. Any info?

I keep getting ads in my FB about this company, Discount Extended Service Plan.com, and was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with them. My warranty just ran out on my 16 RGS and, at least from their advertisement, they seem like a viable option. They offer monthly payments and different coverage options.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:24 AM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,828 Likes on 8,403 Posts

In my personal contact with them they say that they understand these bikes are made to customize. Tunes that are done correctly would be covered. I'm considering cashing in on my existing Harley ESP and transferring over to them.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:55 AM
Happyharley
Intermediate
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I would go to your dealer and see if they honor it.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:59 PM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,828 Likes on 8,403 Posts

Originally Posted by Happyharley
I would go to your dealer and see if they honor it.
The dealer is only interested in getting paid for their work. It wouldn't matter if your mother was paying for repairs.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:34 PM
30glock
Road Warrior
Received 334 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by EasternSP
The dealer is only interested in getting paid for their work. It wouldn't matter if your mother was paying for repairs.
Exactly, Some will give you an attitude because you didn't buy the over priced HD ESP, which BTW is also a 3rd party provider, but they will all except it.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:26 PM
burgh rider
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just be sure to check the warranty company out as much as you can before you give them any money. There are a lot of scams going on right now pushing phony warranties on vehicles. They even have all of the info on your ride when they contact you, giving the appearance of being legit. Use caution !

Old 09-18-2018, 08:38 PM
Harttoo
Road Master

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts

Having read on this forum, that others, have used Discount ESP and had no problems with dealer getting paid, I bought a 2 year last month. Because it comes through Boardtracker, I have more faith in their being there when I need them.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:47 AM
GHarris
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

I purchased the 2 year Cornerstone ESP plan through discount ESP. It was easy and from what I found the Cornerstone plan gets great reviews. No deductible and wheel and tire. I asked about the aftermarket tuner on my 17 Road King and was told it would be no problem.

I have 22k trouble free miles on my bike since last Sept and plan to ride about the same every year. So I thought with touring out of state and putting that many miles on that I would stand a good chance of coming out ahead on it.

Old 09-19-2018, 04:56 AM
30glock
Road Warrior
Received 334 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by GHarris
I purchased the 2 year Cornerstone ESP plan through discount ESP. It was easy and from what I found the Cornerstone plan gets great reviews. No deductible and wheel and tire..
Point of correction discount ESP has a $50 deductible, and as stated very good reviews, they covered a $2000 dollar repair on my bike without issues, considering I paid about $1200 for the plan, I am way ahead of my Investment with about 4 more yrs of coverage remaining. Jim Palmer seems to get what riders need, I emailed him on a holiday with questions on how to proceed with repairs, got a reply within 5 min, I didn't expect a reply until the following day due to the holiday. Someone please try that with HD, and please post your result.

The following users liked this post:
Captain Itch (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 05:11 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 601 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by 30glock
Point of correction discount ESP has a $50 deductible, and as stated very good reviews, they covered a $2000 dollar repair on my bike without issues, considering I paid about $1200 for the plan, I am way ahead of my Investment with about 4 more yrs of coverage remaining. Jim Palmer seems to get what riders need, I emailed him on a holiday with questions on how to proceed with repairs, got a reply within 5 min, I didn't expect a reply until the following day due to the holiday. Someone please try that with HD, and please post your result.
I also went with this company .. Have not had to use them as of yet but have heard good things and saved some cash so far ..

Quick Reply: Discount Extended Service Plan. Any info?