General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carlini Gangsters VS Factory 47 Vicla’s. 2019 Road King Special

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 11:13 PM
BRIT206
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Carlini Gangsters VS Factory 47 Vicla’s. 2019 Road King Special

So, thanks to advice from members on this forum I recently traded in my 2011 RG, for a brand spanking new 2019 Road King Special, in vivid black. Pictures included.

First things first, I need bars. Everything else can wait, but I NEED bars, lol.

I was all set to purchase a set of Carlini Gangsters (one of my all time favorite looking bars ever), in black, either 16” or 18”.... but then I came across these Factory 47 Vicla bars (also pictured, on a Road King as well just for reference), and I am kind of in love. So of course now I am torn. As far as I was aware, the Viclas’s only came in chrome, and only came in 18” rise... but I called them to ask a few questions and they just told me they DO come in gloss black, and they DO come in 16” rise as well.

Anyway, I need cables for both obviously, with the Carlini I need a riser/adapter as well, and with the F47’s I don’t. I love both, and they are both comparable in price so that isn’t a factor either. As far as rise goes, would love to hear some opinions/see some pictures, I am 6’0 tall, average reach and don’t mind them a little high, but mostly am interested in opinions on one versus the other. I know the Carlini’s are noticeably wider at 41.5” versus the F47’s at 38” (I think).

I am including a picture of my bike, the Carlini Gangsters, and the Vicla’s.

as always - Thanks guys!

B

Factory 47 Vicla

Carlini Gangster

Old 10-17-2018, 07:43 AM
MiniWolf
Received 4,688 Likes on 2,258 Posts

Given that its going to be a relatively expensive proposition, the biggest thing to consider is what the motivation is for wanting the bars. It's something you want, not need so it's probably a good idea to consider all options before deciding. If you want a decent handling bike, keep the stock bars or get a more compact bar setup. If you want to turn the new purchase into a bike that handles like sh*t but looks like a Mayans MC knockoff, get the Carlinis.

The following users liked this post:
Bigaj2 (10-21-2018)
Old 10-17-2018, 08:12 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,374 Likes on 2,948 Posts

Welp, there you have it. So, what's it going to be?

Function over form, or vise versa? Your choice.

It's also your money, your bike, etc, etc, etc....

Old 10-17-2018, 08:31 AM
on3wego
Cruiser
Received 56 Likes on 26 Posts

I personally like the Carlini's better, but it's close. They both look good.

Are you going to change your mirrors too?

Old 10-17-2018, 09:11 AM
Wheelie Ripper
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I would do the carlinis in black

Old 10-17-2018, 09:32 AM
MajorKG
Club Member

Received 615 Likes on 421 Posts

I have Factory 47 twelve inch bars, I like them, comfortable and look good on the bike.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:33 AM
BRIT206
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MiniWolf
Given that its going to be a relatively expensive proposition, the biggest thing to consider is what the motivation is for wanting the bars. It's something you want, not need so it's probably a good idea to consider all options before deciding. If you want a decent handling bike, keep the stock bars or get a more compact bar setup. If you want to turn the new purchase into a bike that handles like sh*t but looks like a Mayans MC knockoff, get the Carlinis.
lol!

i totally get what you’re saying however I do have to disagree with you on the handling man, on my RG I went from stock bars to the F47 16” ape hanger (Malo) bars and I mean it was UNBELIEVABLE the upgraded difference. I mean, we’re talking literally not even close. Bike felt better, handled better, looked better, put my back in a better position, all of it.

Im doing bars regardless, I was just wondering which ones people preferred out of the two I listed.

The following users liked this post:
Oil, Gas & Leather (11-06-2021)
Old 10-17-2018, 11:35 AM
BRIT206
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Welp, there you have it. So, what's it going to be?

Function over form, or vise versa? Your choice.

It's also your money, your bike, etc, etc, etc....

Well I replied to the first post as well but yes, I am definitely going to be doing bars.... I disagree entirely about the function going out the window with bars (maybe like massive 20”+ hangers, sure), I LOVE the feel, ride, look and riding position of some 16-18” bars on my bike.... the question is merely at this point which ones.

any preference between the Carlini’s and the F47’s...?

Old 10-17-2018, 11:36 AM
BRIT206
Intermediate

Originally Posted by on3wego
I personally like the Carlini's better, but it's close. They both look good.

Are you going to change your mirrors too?
Thank you...

and yes definitely, the mirrors will either be hung upside down underneath the bars, or changed out for the black performance machine teardrop mirrors. I like even the stock ones if they are hung below with taller apes so I haven’t decided yet

Old 10-17-2018, 11:37 AM
BRIT206
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MajorKG
I have Factory 47 twelve inch bars, I like them, comfortable and look good on the bike.
you have the F47 12” which one? And on a RKS....? Could you post a couple pics....?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Carlini Gangsters VS Factory 47 Vicla’s. 2019 Road King Special