Sponsored by:

Best warranty compliant mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 07:03 AM
jpalm
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Best warranty compliant mods

Thinking about picking up a 2019 Ultra Limited. I’ve done TTS tunes and de-catted pipes on my last two Harley’s. I know this has been dicussed ad nauseum, but I’m older and wiser now, so I’m not looking to pick a fight with the man on The EPA and warranty issues. Does anyone have verified information on which performance upgrades I CAN do to reduce heat and increase performance without having a warranty issue?

Old 11-17-2018, 07:34 AM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,247 Likes on 1,517 Posts

You can do slipons and air cleaner if you use the SE tuner. The M8 runs strong out of the box but does need some sound in my opinion

Old 11-17-2018, 08:03 AM
PDB17UltraRG
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 773 Likes on 735 Posts

Its got to be the change in the valves that give it the new sound in the motors exhaust haven’t read about a upgrade to get them sounding like the older models yet.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:09 AM
Spanish Cobra
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The cool flow fan will help with heat in slow moving traffic.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:49 AM
DeputyDawg
Cruiser
Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Appling the "Warranty" rules vary by dealer. Some are strict and some overlook mods, especially if they did the mods.
Having said that, most, if not all warrantees state/mean:
Any mod or any accessory not manufacture approved and not made/added by an authorized dealer will void the vehicle warranty.
Now does adding as set of after market grips void warranty, if the motor "breaks"? Of course not. But if one adds even a set of after market slip ons and you say, burn a valve. That could, depending on the dealer, results in a warranty coverage refusal.

Old 11-17-2018, 09:33 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,504 Likes on 4,415 Posts

just get the SE Stage 1, it'll process more air thru the engine producing a little more power, sound better and warranty won't be compromised..and the cool flow fan and mid frame deflector should displace excessive heat..fwiw..I heard the new Street Canons on a bike last week and they sound great, better tone than their predecessors which I have and like, but if they ever need to be replaced I'll certainly go with the new ones

Old 11-17-2018, 09:51 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,721 Likes on 6,885 Posts

Try it stock. You may really like it as we do ours!

I've done mufflers, pipes, tuners, breathers, you name it on three previous bikes. All cool and I like most of the modes. But at 60 now the wife and I just really like to ride. Our 2017 CVO Limited with the 114 has crazy power (to me). Even the wife feels the difference as a passenger.

I put my money in new bars and Pro-Action rear shocks and have a sweet ride.

Old 11-17-2018, 10:01 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,504 Likes on 4,415 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback

I've done mufflers, pipes, tuners, breathers, you name it on three previous bikes. All cool and I like most of the modes. But at 60 now the wife and I just really like to ride. Our 2017 CVO Limited with the 114 has crazy power (to me). Even the wife feels the difference as a passenger.

not bad advice either..as much as we ride there's plenty of money spent on comfort mods, tires, service/maintenance, fuel, hotels, food and drink you name it. performance increase it pretty low on the list list of needs/necessities

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (11-17-2018)
Old 11-17-2018, 10:21 AM
Noisy Cricket
Road Warrior
Received 366 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback

Yea, I would test drive this first. This bike stock puts out 122 ft lbs of tq, which is the same as my RKS with a stage III kit, so you might not need any performance upgrades!

Old 11-17-2018, 10:42 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by Noisy Cricket
Yea, I would test drive this first. This bike stock puts out 122 ft lbs of tq, which is the same as my RKS with a stage III kit, so you might not need any performance upgrades!
People are always gonna want more, coming off my full stage 1 107M8 to a 2019 117M8 and to be honest, it's really not a huge difference. All the dyno runs I've seen for the stock 117 is 93hp and 112tq, so basically a 107M8 with a good aftermarket cam puts out better numbers. I'm perfectly fine with it cause it's a big heavy tank so I wasn't expecting a drag bike, it does just fine for what it is but the power junkies won't be satisfied with it.

Quick Reply: Best warranty compliant mods