Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Street Cannons a decent choice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 04:50 AM
NoSecCatfish
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default SE Street Cannons a decent choice?

I have a 2018 Road Glide Special with a Wood 22x cam. I had Rinehart 4" slip-on mufflers on the bike before the cam install, but after the cam was installed I don't really care for the sound of the Rineharts. I've read all about how exhaust sensitive these M8's are, and I think they are costing me a little bit of low end torque as well. For now I've put the stock mufflers back on the bike, and it doesn't sound too terrible with the stock mufflers and little bit of lumpy idle from the cam.

I've heard the new SE Street Cannons on a couple of bikes at my local dealer, and I do like the sound of them and I like the look as well since there are so many different end caps that are available for them. Would they be a decent choice as far as performance goes with the 22x cam? I know the Fuel Moto mufflers are among the best performing out there and considered those, but I like the idea of the Street Cannons if they will not hamper performance. I will be putting a decatted head pipe on the bike as well.

Thoughts?

Last edited by NoSecCatfish; 11-23-2018 at 04:52 AM.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:11 AM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by NoSecCatfish
I have a 2018 Road Glide Special with a Wood 22x cam. I had Rinehart 4" slip-on mufflers on the bike before the cam install, but after the cam was installed I don't really care for the sound of the Rineharts. I've read all about how exhaust sensitive these M8's are, and I think they are costing me a little bit of low end torque as well. For now I've put the stock mufflers back on the bike, and it doesn't sound too terrible with the stock mufflers and little bit of lumpy idle from the cam.

I've heard the new SE Street Cannons on a couple of bikes at my local dealer, and I do like the sound of them and I like the look as well since there are so many different end caps that are available for them. Would they be a decent choice as far as performance goes with the 22x cam? I know the Fuel Moto mufflers are among the best performing out there and considered those, but I like the idea of the Street Cannons if they will not hamper performance. I will be putting a decatted head pipe on the bike as well.

Thoughts?
Put them on my new ‘19 RG. Sound good. Can’t talk about performing as rest of setup is still stock.

Old 11-23-2018, 06:34 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,535 Likes on 4,429 Posts

Thoughts?
my experience with them is they are good performers, they're straight thru core..now as far as how they play and behave with specific cam choices can't say but really their performance is not something you read about as being a negative, and since you like the look, sound, style choices with end caps, etc., and price wise from $550 to $650 depending on end caps...Fuel Moto mufflers seem to be very popular and less expensive with good reviews so might give those some strong consideration as they have done cam performance and exhaust combination modifications that might provide you with more specific feedback

Old 11-23-2018, 06:49 AM
Mac-427
Cruiser
Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

The Street Cannons were way too quiet for me. I know this is strictly a matter of personal opinion, but I really like my Vance and Hines. Great sound when you want it and no drone at steady cruise.

Old 11-23-2018, 07:33 AM
Fullbore55
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,632 Likes on 1,226 Posts

Have cannons on my ‘18 RG. Got them for the looks. They work great with stock and se447 cam, should also be good with Wood 22x, but don’t have experience with it, They don’t hurt low-end torque as some slip-ons reportedly do.

Old 11-23-2018, 08:03 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,474 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Thoughts?
I have some FM Hi Rollers I might sell. I just bought them and they sound good, just not like my S&S MK45s. I also have the MK's for sale too. The MK's are black and the Hi Rollers are chrome. Let me know if you might be interested in either set.

I haven't had experience with the street cannons. I didn't like the sound as good when I heard them while I was shopping for my bike. I have heard of some quality issues with them. Also, there is supposedly some changes to the new street cannons...at least sound wise.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:28 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by teedoff65
I have some FM Hi Rollers I might sell. I just bought them and they sound good, just not like my S&S MK45s. I also have the MK's for sale too. The MK's are black and the Hi Rollers are chrome. Let me know if you might be interested in either set.

I haven't had experience with the street cannons. I didn't like the sound as good when I heard them while I was shopping for my bike. I have heard of some quality issues with them. Also, there is supposedly some changes to the new street cannons...at least sound wise.
I think an early run on some had QC issues with baffles coming loose and rattling has been resolved for quite some time now. I can't remember how long it's been since it has been reported here and we all know if it was chronic we'd hear about it..me and a buddy went thru 3 between us but my replacement one has been fine for over a year and 15K miles ish..and since they have retuned the latest versions they do sound better and guessing they are probably the same manufacturer in which case whatever the early problem was has been resolved as well

Old 11-23-2018, 10:16 AM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
I think an early run on some had QC issues with baffles coming loose and rattling has been resolved for quite some time now. I can't remember how long it's been since it has been reported here and we all know if it was chronic we'd hear about it..me and a buddy went thru 3 between us but my replacement one has been fine for over a year and 15K miles ish..and since they have retuned the latest versions they do sound better and guessing they are probably the same manufacturer in which case whatever the early problem was has been resolved as well
What do you know, you had a problem and asked HD to resolved. Priceless MJ, Priceless.

I'll make note, this one is on the "MJ" certified "OK" list of approved complains to post on the HDforum.

Old 11-23-2018, 10:36 AM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Oh and I see you qualify to post on this as "me and a buddy went thru 3 between us " (to quote you)

Now those are some statics that show HD has a REAL problem!!! Omg, again priceless MJ, just priceless.

Old 11-23-2018, 10:38 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by RinTin
What do you know, you had a problem and asked HD to resolved. Priceless MJ, Priceless.

I'll make note, this one is on the "MJ" certified "OK" list of approved complains to post on the HDforum.
go away Son of Oleboy...or do you prefer Oleboy JR..? you guys can't ever contribute anything of value from real experience, just blabbing on nonsensically constantly. anyway, cease stalking me on every post and causing things to get OT and go sideways, grow up

btw..the results of your personality disorder came in and you nailed the trifecta!

Last edited by mjwebb; 11-23-2018 at 10:42 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mjwebb:
Fullbore55 (11-23-2018), Oz Dan (11-23-2018)

Quick Reply: SE Street Cannons a decent choice?