Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 Indian Dark Horse Chieftain

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 11:42 AM
cfave
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 2019 Indian Dark Horse Chieftain

I was out with a few friends this weekend at a Skeet Shoot and was talking to a gentleman at the club that just purchased a 2019 Dark Horse Chieftain. He has had 6 HDs in the past and has done quite a bit of modifications to each one from engine, suspension and audio. He really liked the engine and suspension on the bike and said that the stock audio compared to HD stock audio was considerably better, BUT no where near where he wants it. I told him that I am a member on this site and that you guys have helped me through my upgrades and I thought I would pose a question to you guys to get some input. Have any of you taken on one of the newer Indians and, if so, what are some of the options out there?

Thanks
Chris

Old 02-12-2019, 02:05 PM
SG-Jay
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Haze mentioned he did one of the older Indians in a past thread. He did say it was a bear to work on.

Those new Indians are nice. I had the opportunity to ride one, and it makes the sub par stock Street Glide suspension and audio look pretty bad.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:12 PM
slodsm
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 215 Posts

I haven’t seen one done up yet. I know I’d be interested in one if Polaris hadn’t boned their customers on the Victory line (I freakin loved the cross country). With that kind of customer care though, Indian is forever off the table for me.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:47 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by slodsm
I haven’t seen one done up yet. I know I’d be interested in one if Polaris hadn’t boned their customers on the Victory line (I freakin loved the cross country). With that kind of customer care though, Indian is forever off the table for me.

If I move to a suspension focused cross country sled I'm rolling on the new Gold Wing. Which will be never.

T

Old 02-13-2019, 09:33 AM
cfave
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Tailwind

If I move to a suspension focused cross country sled I'm rolling on the new Gold Wing. Which will be never.

T
I have an 11 Limited and one of the FIRST things I did was get rid of the stock suspension and put in Ohlins shocks. Night and day. I will admit though, the Indians Fox Mono shock is a very comfortable ride. Gold wings and trikes, just not my thing.

Ok now back to the audio......

Old 02-13-2019, 10:51 AM
Ryan42
Road Master
Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Had to look this bike up. Good looking bike but didn’t like the inner fairing. Everything else looked great

Old 02-13-2019, 11:57 AM
cfave
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Ryan42
Had to look this bike up. Good looking bike but didn’t like the inner fairing. Everything else looked great
It takes some getting used to, with all the hard (square) shapes compared to the rounder edges of the SG but over all, it is a great ride and the center console is quite accessible and easy to navigate.

Old 02-13-2019, 10:42 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by cfave
I have an 11 Limited and one of the FIRST things I did was get rid of the stock suspension and put in Ohlins shocks. Night and day. I will admit though, the Indians Fox Mono shock is a very comfortable ride. Gold wings and trikes, just not my thing.

Ok now back to the audio......
Check out the new design of the Gold Wing brother!! It ain't our grandpas Gold Wing anymore!!!

T

Attached Thumbnails 2019 Indian Dark Horse Chieftain-photo724.jpg  

Last edited by Tailwind; 02-13-2019 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:34 AM
cfave
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Check out the new design of the Gold Wing brother!! It ain't our grandpas Gold Wing anymore!!!

T
I took it for a test ride this past fall while in NC. I was killing time waiting to go to a wedding and stopped in the dealership just to look around. One of the salesmen talked to my GF about the bike and the new transmission it has.So we took it out. It is a good ride. Not my cup of tea, or in my case Coffee.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:19 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 482 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by cfave
I took it for a test ride this past fall while in NC. I was killing time waiting to go to a wedding and stopped in the dealership just to look around. One of the salesmen talked to my GF about the bike and the new transmission it has.So we took it out. It is a good ride. Not my cup of tea, or in my case Coffee.
ride the new BMW touring bike,that thing is nice!

Quick Reply: 2019 Indian Dark Horse Chieftain