Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Hello everyone New Memeber Here

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 08:43 AM
user 9998302
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello everyone New Memeber Here

Hi, I’m John I live in Western Kentucky. I ride motorcycles everywhere. My first bike was a 1971 HONDA SL175. It was a used bike when I acquired it. I think it was in 1974. I was 17 yrs old. There are some good curvy roads around here in KY. I’m a long distance rider. It’s nothing for me to get up and ride north to St. Louis, MO in one day and back the same day. Sometimes I enjoy going to central/ east KY, taking the back roads. I like hwy 100 out of Russellville, KY to Franklin, KY. I’ll then loop around on the I-65 south towards Nashville, TN. Sometimes on a day’s ride I’ll tag/ride through 4 states; KY, TN, MO and IL. But I have done 5 states to include AR. I was in the US NAVY and I am now retired. I have ridden in the New England States and New York including NYC.

I have lived in AZ and once rode from Tucson, AZ through Los Angeles, CA stopping at Fresno, CA. I rode on further the next day to Sonoma County, CA. I then rode to Seattle, WA.

I also have ridden in Europe, mostly Italy, what has been some 30,000 miles and more over there. Once while there, once upon a time, I had taken a trip. It started out from Genoa, Italy going towards the Southern borders of France. Then I proceeded to cross the country of France on an 883 1992 Sportster, stopping in Paris, France for a weekend. The next thing I did was to take a ferry across and into the UK riding my motorcycle into London England. On the return trip I departed UK going to Brussels, Belgium. I crossed into Germany from the Northern part of Germany riding South to Munich, Germany. I then passed through Innsbruck, Austria. It was all beautiful!

Now, and on a clear and sunny morning, in the month of March I can’t wait to get riding again. I did take the bike out in February 2019. That day was a beautiful day.

I’m making adjustments to haul my motorcycle using a trailer with my pickup truck however, I never have time to do that chore, always riding on a day and returning back home. That's what you want, to return with your bike to the exact same spot where you left it that morning and after a good days ride! Nowadays, I’m towing my motorcycle with my trailer, that was the ideal at least, that is to the left coast..

The ride of my life however has to be my return trip from Seattle, WA mentioned above. I departed Moscow, ID to Lewiston, ID which wasn’t but 15 miles or so. However that’s when the adventure all started. I took off from Lewiston, ID riding south to Mountain Home, ID. That ride is still my most remembered and treacherous ride to date. This was in September when the weather was changing. It was the most challenging and most exhilarating ride I’ve ever been on. It was raining sideways on that day and it was very windy. The next day I rode from Mountain Home, ID to Las Vegas, NV. This ride was a long stretch but a beautiful ride. The third day’s ride was Las Vegas to Tucson, AZ. And to my surprise I don’t remember too much of the third day’s ride, that humors me, I don’t know why, because I know the route, Tucson to Las Vegas.

It’s kind of ironic that I do remember riding through Surprise, AZ on that third leg of this trip. And I remember viewing all the roses in bloom. There were big crops of roses, yes, flowers growing out lying in the surrounding fields. I’m sure you’ve seen this or should see it.

What’s the ideal retirement like? If I could, I would travel for three weeks out of the month. However, the more realistic way and more affordable way would be to take a couple of short trips a month. Normally I'm taking on day rides, out and back somewhere.

I now have a 2012 FXDC Super Glide Custom. It fits me well. Yes, I know there are bigger and better bikes out there. I have downsized from an 08 FLHTC. My current bike fits me and my budget for now.

Ride Safe!

Old 03-24-2019, 08:50 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Wow...cool story!

Greetings/Welcome from East-Central NE...sit down, log-in & enjoy the ride!!!

Old 03-24-2019, 09:01 AM
montmuscle1986
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welcome

Yeah that’s a nice intro. i’m kind of new on the forum myself. slowly customizing my 15 FXDWG

Old 03-24-2019, 09:06 AM
attaboy15
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,163 Likes on 1,127 Posts

Welcome from Norcal

Old 03-24-2019, 09:10 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,744 Likes on 18,543 Posts

Welcome To The HD Forum From Michigan, The Greatest Of The Great Lakes States

Old 03-24-2019, 09:40 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:51 AM
kel03
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,044 Likes on 4,356 Posts

Welcome to the forums from Ontario, Canada

Old 03-24-2019, 10:45 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,325 Likes on 10,701 Posts

G'day 1Dayout,

welcome to HDF.

I will be your tour guide. Be sure to read the manual before posting ok mate?

Or we will have discipline you and if you don't "get it" we will need to discipline you biker style.

Now, for your orientation. Go down the hall on your left to the 1st room. No, wait. The 1st room on your right. That is where the commissary is.

Then you will see doors marked for the mortuary, skeet shooting, a room where we make fun of In-Jun bikes, and of course we have a ahh, umm, oh yeah a across the hall.

We had a BOMB MAKING room but, well, ahhhhh, 1 of the guys just didn't understand Blasting Caps very well so..... you know.

We have our own pub .

There are several places where you can familiarize your self with the .

So don't be a wall flower watching others . Get involved.

See you around mate. I am going to the commissary now.

**** ON THE SERIOUS SIDE ****

**** I AM NOT ONE TO GIVE ADVICE ON HOW HDF WORKS BUT… ****
**** AND THE FOLLOWING IS UNOFFICIAL ****

​​​​​​​You are in the “New Members Area” where you can introduce yourself and let us know what Harley Davidson bike(s) (if any) you ride/own.

If you have questions about engines, exhaust systems, audio issues, etc… then:

1) Please go to the upper corner and Roll Over “Forums”

2) Then come down to and Roll Over “Harley Davidson Tech & Mechanical Forum”

3) Then come down to the section that would be most appropriate for your question like Audio Systems, Engine Mechanical Topics, Exhaust System Topics, etc… and CLICK on the topic you have a question about.

You will find the knowledge here is EXCELLENT and these here mates are willing to help you in any way they can. ‘juss be careful. There are some “Trolls”, so I suggest just ignoring them ‘ole farts.

See you around HDF. Come often, we have a humor thread, game thread, and a LOT of other stuff.

Have A Great Day Mate,

BuzzCap7

Old 03-24-2019, 12:14 PM
Think2X
Advanced
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the forums from sunny So Cal, great into.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:26 PM
Weeboy1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 799 Likes on 586 Posts

Welcome from Winnipeg Canada!
thank you for your service to us all!
retirement well earned.
ride safe!

Quick Reply: Hello everyone New Memeber Here