Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Hammock Seat on 2018 Tri-glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 02:49 PM
TOHOG
Supporter
Received 128 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Hammock Seat on 2018 Tri-glide

How do you mount the STRAP on a Tri-glide? I know I have to remove the chrome passenger Grab Rails because the Hamock is wider in back. It supposedly comes with a strap but I don’t see where to mount the strap on the frame.

Anyone dealt with this issue? Picking up a demo seat this weekend and want to know how to mount it.

TIA

Old 05-15-2019, 03:14 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,458 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Can't answer your question but in my case (I also have an '18 Tri-Glide) I opted to having my OEM seat customized to my liking my Mean City Cycles (MCC) in North Carolina.

I had the driver seat "tail-bone" mod done with memory foam and heat added to the ride and passenger seats.

The cost was less than buying a new seat and I kept my metal handrails.

The only issue that I have found so far is that the switch for the passenger's seat is very close to the handrail.

Old 05-15-2019, 06:31 PM
azjohnryan
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You do not have to remove the passenger hand rail. I have a Road Zeppelin seat on my 2017 triglide and the very wide Zeppelin seat fits just fine with the stock passenger grab rail.

Old 05-16-2019, 02:22 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Originally Posted by azjohnryan
You do not have to remove the passenger hand rail. I have a Road Zeppelin seat on my 2017 triglide and the very wide Zeppelin seat fits just fine with the stock passenger grab rail.
I have a '12 Trike and had to remove the grab handles for the Hammock seat. Before the Hammock I had a Road Zepplin that fit in the handles. I didn't put the strap on, because the passenger can use the arm rests just fine.

Old 05-16-2019, 06:57 AM
TOHOG
Supporter

RZ pillion is 15” wide, like stock seat. Hammock is 17” for passenger.
How do you like the RZ?

Old 05-17-2019, 03:15 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Originally Posted by TOHOG
RZ pillion is 15” wide, like stock seat. Hammock is 17” for passenger.r
How do you like the RZ?
While the Zeppelin worked it was great being able to adjust the pressure points. After it had a leak on the control valve and the manufacture refused to sell me parts to repair the seat it is hanging on the wall !
What I use now is a Hammock with Air Hawk seat pads. Works just fine. The only draw back is you have to stop to adjust the air in the Air Hawk. But with a bit of practice you can get it right the first time.
Cost was much less with this set-up. But the Hammock has a habit of loosing seams with use. If this happens it will go to Mean City Cycles for a seat re-do ! They do a great job building the seat your way, and custom covers using what you want for material for the cover.
http://www.meancitycycles.com/
Here is a good example of their work.:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-g...ty-cycles.html

Old 05-18-2019, 07:10 AM
TOHOG
Supporter

Thanks for the replies, sorry none were what I asked for. I'll keep asking, or get a demo and try and see. Thanks again.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:16 PM
bronxbill
Road Warrior

Received 453 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by TOHOG
Thanks for the replies, sorry none were what I asked for. I'll keep asking, or get a demo and try and see. Thanks again.
I removed my strap when I first bought my 2016; I don't really remember where it attached. You might be able to look at a trike at the dealer to see where the stock strap is attached. Sorry I can't be more help

Old 05-19-2019, 07:14 AM
TOHOG
Supporter

Originally Posted by bronxbill
I removed my strap when I first bought my 2016; I don't really remember where it attached. You might be able to look at a trike at the dealer to see where the stock strap is attached. Sorry I can't be more help
DID just that. Good suggestion. Strap mounts where grab rail mounts.

Old 05-20-2019, 04:51 AM
bakron1
Cruiser
Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts

My brother has a 2016 trike and we just put a hammock seat on his and did not have to remove the grab rails, fit like a glove.

Quick Reply: Hammock Seat on 2018 Tri-glide