Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fosgate DSR1

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 12:46 PM
gunslingersnation
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Fosgate DSR1

Now that my system is getting a bit more complex, I started thinking about adding a DSP. The Fosgate is small and would fit well, even with a third amp. My question is, who is using it, do you like it, and how does it get powered?

Old 05-24-2019, 01:17 PM
mrmagloo
Road Captain
Received 77 Likes on 67 Posts

We were just talking about DSP's on the G2 thread. The issue with the DRS1 is size. The software and BT Tuning capability is a definite plus, and the price is right too, but at 5.12" x 4.04" x 1.26" it's over 70% larger than the ARC PSM at 3.75" x 3.0" x 1.35" If you have the room, it's seems to be hard to beat, just based on the spec's. I do not however have any insight on the durability and performance aspects.

Old 05-24-2019, 01:26 PM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

I prefer the features of the Arc PSM, especially for the Rushmore bikes. On the arc you can program different tunes for riding and parked and it will automatically switch when the bike is started by hooking up a control wire. You also can have another tune with the push of a button on the fly. This helps with the different hu eq between run/acc. Plus my riding tune targets different freqs.

Old 05-24-2019, 01:27 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

If you get a DSR1 make SURE it is up to date, as they can be a pain sometimes. You would be doing well to get one from a shop that will update it and set the basic tune for you, that way if you have a problem they can stand behind it and offer help to fix it.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ndfastln:
Bluesman280 (05-24-2019), mmarkfa (05-25-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 01:56 PM
mrmagloo
Road Captain

Originally Posted by InthewindMN
I prefer the features of the Arc PSM, especially for the Rushmore bikes. On the arc you can program different tunes for riding and parked and it will automatically switch when the bike is started by hooking up a control wire. You also can have another tune with the push of a button on the fly. This helps with the different hu eq between run/acc. Plus my riding tune targets different freqs.
Hmm, that's really interesting. Can you expand on this control wire? Is this an optional accessory? Does it like cycle through a certain number of tunes with a momentary?

I'm actually searching for more details on the PSM install with the Pre-Rushmore bikes and amps without HL RCA's (SD800.4S). Seems the PSM only comes with RCA's in and out, so I'm hoping those wires are separated and not coax which will be a big pain if I cut off the RCA? I wonder if ARC will sell optional harnesses with just leads?

Old 05-24-2019, 02:03 PM
gunslingersnation
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

With no pods, I have plenty of room. There are two things that are pushing me towards the DSR1...8 channels out, and I have a store credit at Sonic Electronix. That being said, I would really like the luxury if having a parked setting and a rolling setting. I've found out that apparently, it is possible to be a parking lot pimp on these bikes, and I need to get my street cred back since I left the PD.

Old 05-24-2019, 02:45 PM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mrmagloo
Hmm, that's really interesting. Can you expand on this control wire? Is this an optional accessory? Does it like cycle through a certain number of tunes with a momentary?

I'm actually searching for more details on the PSM install with the Pre-Rushmore bikes and amps without HL RCA's (SD800.4S). Seems the PSM only comes with RCA's in and out, so I'm hoping those wires are separated and not coax which will be a big pain if I cut off the RCA? I wonder if ARC will sell optional harnesses with just leads?
The psm has rca or hl inputs, and rca output. Here’s a pic of the wiring, the grey and orange wires change tune when power is applied.

Old 05-24-2019, 03:15 PM
marshallb
Road Warrior
Received 173 Likes on 158 Posts

Not trying to talk you out of the PSM, but with my flash I don't have a huge difference in ON vs OFF anymore. I think the "big three" are all pretty good DSPs. Maybe the big four since I've seen more JL TWKs lately.

Old 05-24-2019, 04:11 PM
mrmagloo
Road Captain

Originally Posted by InthewindMN
The psm has rca or hl inputs, and rca output. Here’s a pic of the wiring, the grey and orange wires change tune when power is applied.
Yeah, I just saw that they do have the HL inputs, which is great. However, the SD800.4 only takes leads for the HL too, so I guess I'll have to hack the RCA's off. Or, perhaps, just get another HL input assembly and use that for the Output.

Thanks for sharing on the Tune change. That's pretty cool.

Old 05-24-2019, 04:17 PM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mrmagloo
Yeah, I just saw that they do have the HL inputs, which is great. However, the SD800.4 only takes leads for the HL too, so I guess I'll have to hack the RCA's off. Or, perhaps, just get another HL input assembly and use that for the Output.

Thanks for sharing on the Tune change. That's pretty cool.
The sd800.4 that I had used rca inputs.

Quick Reply: Fosgate DSR1