Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

recommendations on local to me audio installers

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 02:31 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,474 Likes on 1,061 Posts
Default recommendations on local to me audio installers

Hi, looking to add the RF rear speaker kit to my 17 RGS. Have the amp and front speakers already. I honestly would rather pay someone to do this rather than attempt myself.

Just spoke to a guy in the area, and he kinda balked when I told him I was wanting to buy the parts and just have him do the install. He asked me what price I was getting and then started talking about how those online retailers were screwing the mom and pop places. Cant blame him, but I'm looking to save money too. lol

I'm in High Point NC, so if anyone knows of a reliable audio guy in this area, please let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited by teedoff65; 06-13-2019 at 02:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Moev (06-17-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 02:39 PM
SOFTPETER
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Honestly paying someone to do it with or without buying from them, you are going to get screwed anyway.

What all are you looking to get installed?

Old 06-13-2019, 02:49 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SOFTPETER
Honestly paying someone to do it with or without buying from them, you are going to get screwed anyway.

What all are you looking to get installed?
The rear speaker kit from RF......which means cutting the lids using the template. I do basic wrenching, but not comfortable doing this myself.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:10 PM
eggwhite93
Road Captain

Received 86 Likes on 67 Posts

Are you comfortable with the audio install and just not the cutting of the bags? Did you install the front kit yourself? Maybe just take the bag lids and template to an indy or even a body shop. They cut you install?

Old 06-13-2019, 03:25 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by eggwhite93
Are you comfortable with the audio install and just not the cutting of the bags? Did you install the front kit yourself? Maybe just take the bag lids and template to an indy or even a body shop. They cut you install?
Eh....I think I'd just rather get it all done at once and be done with it.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:31 PM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,146 Likes on 3,514 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
Eh....I think I'd just rather get it all done at once and be done with it.
Not from the area so I can't address your question, but I do have experience with this.

While I'm a whiz at most things mechanical, I fear shiny things with paint on them. I have a detailer take care of that stuff; don't trust myself. BUT! While I was intimidated a bit by the install, after watching the RF video and having the kit in-hand, I decided to do my own. The kit is pretty dummy-proof. I used a jigsaw with a PVC blade, masked everything off with Frog tape, took my time and ended up with a perfect install. You almost have to go out of your way to screw it up.

Just a little info if you're at all on the fence. Good luck in your quest.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:35 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by strych9
Not from the area so I can't address your question, but I do have experience with this.

While I'm a whiz at most things mechanical, I fear shiny things with paint on them. I have a detailer take care of that stuff; don't trust myself. BUT! While I was intimidated a bit by the install, after watching the RF video and having the kit in-hand, I decided to do my own. The kit is pretty dummy-proof. I used a jigsaw with a PVC blade, masked everything off with Frog tape, took my time and ended up with a perfect install. You almost have to go out of your way to screw it up.

Just a little info if you're at all on the fence. Good luck in your quest.
Thanks for the info. I think my fear of cutting painted things far outweighs my desire to jump the fence and go for it. lol I'll keep looking. I'm not really in that big a hurry anyway.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:42 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Hi, looking to add the RF rear speaker kit to my 17 RGS. Have the amp and front speakers already. I honestly would rather pay someone to do this rather than attempt myself.

Just spoke to a guy in the area, and he kinda balked when I told him I was wanting to buy the parts and just have him do the install. He asked me what price I was getting and then started talking about how those online retailers were screwing the mom and pop places. Cant blame him, but I'm looking to save money too. lol

I'm in High Point NC, so if anyone knows of a reliable audio guy in this area, please let me know.

Thanks!
Best shop in your area is Blaze Performance. Now any reputable installer likely won't install something purchased elsewhere....becomes a hassle for warranty work.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:49 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by haze324
Best shop in your area is Blaze Performance. Now any reputable installer likely won't install something purchased elsewhere....becomes a hassle for warranty work.
I can understand that. The place I called quoted me 500 for the kit and 250 for complete install. Seems a little high to me....but maybe I just dont know. lol Especially since ppl have said how "easy" the kit is to install.

Blaze is about 2 hours a way, but I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:56 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

I can understand that. The place I called quoted me 500 for the kit and 250 for complete install. Seems a little high to me....but maybe I just dont know. lol Especially since ppl have said how "easy" the kit is to install.

Blaze is about 2 hours a way, but I'll give them a call tomorrow.
250.00 is cheap.

Quick Reply: recommendations on local to me audio installers