Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Pics of Raked or Stretched Heritage?

Old 07-15-2019, 08:44 AM
Custom Softail
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any Pics of Raked or Stretched Heritage?

Looking for pics and or ideas of Heritage softails that have been raked or stretched. Does not need to be a frame modification, just through the triple trees and front fork extensions.
I have a 2016 Heritage, and I want something a little stretched out for leg room and not so compact looking.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:31 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,211 Likes on 461 Posts

No pics, but a comment or two. Without raking the frame there are two ways to rake the front end:

First, and too often dangerous, is to simply put raked trees and extend the forks. Depending upon the rake in the trees and the length of the tubes, this can result in decreasing the trail to the point the bike becomes unstable, especially at higher speeds. These raked trees are supposed to be used to bring trail figures back to more normal figures when the frame has been raked.

Second method is using the raked tree setups that are designed to increase the rake but keep the trail near stock. They work, but they are not good looking and kludge up the neck area - but that's just my opinion.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:50 AM
Custom Softail
Novice

Thanks for the feed back. Not looking to go crazy here at all, just need to get the front wheel and fender out maybe 2 to 4 inches. I did this on my softail standard, and maybe to much but it looked good, or at least folks told me it looked good. That was with 51/2 triple trees and 6" over on the front end. I saw some pics of a bike or two on this forum, but cannot seem to find it anymore.
Again, that you for your input.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:07 AM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,477 Likes on 4,602 Posts

Originally Posted by Custom Softail
I have a 2016 Heritage, and I want something a little stretched out for leg room and not so compact looking.
I`m confused...how does extending the front forks give you more legroom?

Old 07-15-2019, 01:40 PM
Custom Softail
Novice

With a small rake and a couple inches over throws the front end out a little. With my legs outstretched fully, they are close to the front end.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:13 PM
txphatboy
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 176 Posts

Don’t know if this will help, but I wanted To push front wheel out a little on my 2001 Fatboy, but not far enough that required longer tubes or cutting neck. I went with Covington 3 degree raked trees. Here’s a couple pics of softail comparing before and after and of my bike. I don’t have any good side pics with wheel pointing straight forward, but these are the best I have to give you an idea. First ride after install, I thought front end might feel a little looser, but after that, front end felt normal to me. I do a lot of highway riding - speeds between 75 - 85mph. Bike is solid. Short runs up to 100+ or so - bike still feels solid. I’ve had the trees on my bike for probably 7 years or so - honestly don’t remember.

You sound like you probably want more rake than what I have. I did a google image search and found several examples with 9+ degree rakes and much longer tubes.

The following users liked this post:
GarageJockey (07-16-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 11:28 PM
JonW
Road Warrior
Received 348 Likes on 157 Posts

That looks great!

Old 07-16-2019, 09:05 AM
Custom Softail
Novice

Thank you for the reply. The bike looks great man!! I am looking for basically the same thing but probably 4 degree rake. If you look at the Seeger sight it is all in one package or built into the triple trees. This is all I am looking for.
I appreciate the pics and the reply.

Old 07-16-2019, 01:20 PM
txphatboy
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 176 Posts

A lot of the longer stretched softail pics I saw were from Seeger. I almost went with 4 degree trees, but when I saw the Covington 3 degree pics, that was really all the stretch I was looking for. Good luck and post some pics when done.

Old 07-16-2019, 01:33 PM
Custom Softail
Novice

Will do, and thank you again for the reply.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any Pics of Raked or Stretched Heritage?