Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Budget Build Help?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 09:53 AM
screaminSoftail
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Budget Build Help?!?!

Hey guys! So i’m new to audio on a sled. Just picked up my first bagger, 2019 Street Glide with 4.3 infotainment system. I’m looking for an audio upgrade (obviously). I have searched the audio threads for several days now and i think i’m more confused than when I started. So I will just kind of outline what i’m looking for and possibly you guys can help me get a list thrown together.

1. I would like to avoid having to flash the radio. Not completely against it, but the local dealers are crazy backed up at the moment.

2. I would like to stay within 400-500$ budget, maybe a little wiggle room but not much as this is 1 of 2 bikes.

3. Not trying win contests, just hear the music clearly at highway speeds.

4. I have no idea what all I need, but would like to avoid molesting the factory wiring as much as possible.

Thanks in advance guys.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:16 PM
Nate Mendoza
Stage II
Default In the same boat

Originally Posted by screaminSoftail
Hey guys! So i’m new to audio on a sled. Just picked up my first bagger, 2019 Street Glide with 4.3 infotainment system. I’m looking for an audio upgrade (obviously). I have searched the audio threads for several days now and i think i’m more confused than when I started. So I will just kind of outline what i’m looking for and possibly you guys can help me get a list thrown together.

1. I would like to avoid having to flash the radio. Not completely against it, but the local dealers are crazy backed up at the moment.

2. I would like to stay within 400-500$ budget, maybe a little wiggle room but not much as this is 1 of 2 bikes.

3. Not trying win contests, just hear the music clearly at highway speeds.

4. I have no idea what all I need, but would like to avoid molesting the factory wiring as much as possible.

Thanks in advance guys.
I am in the same boat man. I have done some research and found a lot of useful information from a member on here named Ultranutz. So far I have decided to go with a soundsteam amp that can be purchased on amazon for about $140, plus you will have to get a Biketronics BT355 line leveler to flatten the equalizer on the stock Harley head unit. Now I am trying to figure out what 6.5” speakers to go with and also if I should go with a component set up or not. Hopefully one of the audio geniuses will chime in and point you/me in the right direction. There are some crazy smart guys in here that have tried it all and give lots of knowledge.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:49 PM
screaminSoftail
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Nate Mendoza
I am in the same boat man. I have done some research and found a lot of useful information from a member on here named Ultranutz. So far I have decided to go with a soundsteam amp that can be purchased on amazon for about $140, plus you will have to get a Biketronics BT355 line leveler to flatten the equalizer on the stock Harley head unit. Now I am trying to figure out what 6.5” speakers to go with and also if I should go with a component set up or not. Hopefully one of the audio geniuses will chime in and point you/me in the right direction. There are some crazy smart guys in here that have tried it all and give lots of knowledge.
I am curious if the PAC SNI-35 line out converter will work. Much cheaper alternative to the BT355, but you have to splice into your stock speaker wiring.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:49 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,470 Likes on 1,060 Posts

If you guys can wait about 2 weeks max, I may have a pair of infinity kappa 6.5 speakers and a SS 520 amp for a great price!

The following 2 users liked this post by teedoff65:
screaminSoftail (07-15-2019), Sorce (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 12:51 PM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by screaminSoftail
I am curious if the PAC SNI-35 line out converter will work. Much cheaper alternative to the BT355, but you have to splice into your stock speaker wiring.
It will work just have to buy the plugs that go into your factory ones

Old 07-15-2019, 01:09 PM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 416 Likes on 363 Posts

If I am not mistaken they would still have a nasty EQ curve that will sound too bottom heavy unless the MoCo corrected that in the new GTS head units. That is one of the key advantages of the Biketronics part is they flatten out the EQ curve as well as being plug and play.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:16 PM
eggwhite93
Road Captain

Received 86 Likes on 67 Posts

Spend the extra bucks on the Biketronics BT355 Line Leveler.

If you are 100% sure you will be staying to only 2 speakers there are a couple good budget options. Look at the Cerwin-Vega B52 or NVX VADM2.

You will need an amp wiring kit. This is the one I have used several times.
SCOSCHE EFXAKCM8B 8Awg Ofc Moto Amp Power Kit; 60A Mini-Anl, Ultra-Flex Fine Strand, 16Awg Ultra-Flex Speaker, Printed polybag
Amazon Amazon

You will also need one set of RCA cables.

Speakers are much more vast so I will not get into that except to say I use and am very happy with the MMats PA601.4CX.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:19 PM
eggwhite93
Road Captain

Received 86 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoyt 1911A1
If I am not mistaken they would still have a nasty EQ curve that will sound too bottom heavy unless the MoCo corrected that in the new GTS head units. That is one of the key advantages of the Biketronics part is they flatten out the EQ curve as well as being plug and play.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Im not sure if anything has changed in the 2019s or not but I installed the BT355 on a GTS this weekend and it worked out great (2019 RGS).

Old 07-15-2019, 05:11 PM
coach127
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

For the 2019 GTS I think there is a flash to flatten the EQ curve because the guys at Lucky 7 were going to flash my HU on the new build to flatten the curve.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:07 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,106 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Per Mike at Biketronics, the 19 GTS radio still requires a BT355 or a flash.

Quick Reply: Budget Build Help?!?!