Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accessory Wiring Harness ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 10:59 AM
TOHOG
Supporter
Received 129 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Accessory Wiring Harness ???

Dealer installed Elec Connection update kit P/N 69201599A on my 2018 Tri-glide before delivery. I suppose for XM, WHIM, Heated grips, ..etc.
I have now added ACC switches for the right side of the Fairing Dash and purchased AUX POWER SWITCH KIT-FAIRING MOUNT P/N 71400129 so I can add fans, and other things.

I have mounted the harness as per the instructions EXCEPT I don't know how to find the proper 925B connector to insert the bare lead in #3 hole, supplied with the fused cable that goes to the positive terminal on the battery. or where to plug in the the 925A supplied to the 925B.

So I am in over my head, ok. Wanting to learn. Anyone able to assist? Might be very simple for some and it may be staring me in the face??

New Switch box RH side, nothing connected yet.

Plug from 71400129 Kit, called 925A in the kit. Supposed to connect to 925B

Previous Update kit P/N 69201599A (the jungle) which may be hiding what I need.

Round end to positive bat. terminal, no problem. Bare end (square) to be inserted into 325B! I DO NOT KNOW WHICH IS THE PROPER 325B. How do I find it?

Old 07-20-2019, 07:31 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 371 Likes on 321 Posts

Not trying to be a smart *** here but spend the money on the Factory Service Manual and the Electrical manual, the parts manual is nice to have too.
The first two have told me everything I need to know about my bike.
Hopefully someone can give you a quick answer to your current question but those books would tell you in minutes w/o resorting to the net. And I'm sure this won't be your only question.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:57 AM
dcfatboy
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't see terminal 925 in the instructions for either kit you have referenced. What instruction sheet are you referring to?

Also the fused wire harness in your last picture should have been installed with the kit the dealer installed.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:15 AM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,300 Likes on 1,906 Posts

I think he's looking for connector 325.
If I'm reading this right:

The Dealer installed Harness used slot 3 on connector 325, the same slot your looking for on the second harness.

Harness installed by dealer

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson....1?locale=en_US

2nd Harness

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson....9?locale=en_US

Old 07-21-2019, 08:43 AM
TOHOG
Supporter

Originally Posted by ORradtech
Not trying to be a smart *** here but spend the money on the Factory Service Manual and the Electrical manual, the parts manual is nice to have too.
The first two have told me everything I need to know about my bike.
Hopefully someone can give you a quick answer to your current question but those books would tell you in minutes w/o resorting to the net. And I'm sure this won't be your only question.
You are wise and I appreciate what you suggest. Did purchase manuals on last FLHTK in 2012 but now here in Canada Dlr wants approx $300 for manual and Trike supplement! So I have hesitated ..... eventually I will purchase. Thanks for not being the hard *** as I might have been in your saddle.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:49 AM
TOHOG
Supporter

Originally Posted by dcfatboy
I don't see terminal 925 in the instructions for either kit you have referenced. What instruction sheet are you referring to?

Also the fused wire harness in your last picture should have been installed with the kit the dealer installed.
Thanks. INSTRUCTION SHEET: Fairing Dash Auxiliary Switch Kit. Kit #71400129.

It is in reference to the fused wire that goes to the battery.

MAYBE what you are saying is, YOU DO NOT NEED THIS AS YOU HAVE THIS FOR OTHER KIT? IF SO I MAY BE DONE!

Right? Or ?? THANKS A LOT

Old 07-21-2019, 08:52 AM
TOHOG
Supporter

Originally Posted by Vernal
I think he's looking for connector 325.
If I'm reading this right:

The Dealer installed Harness used slot 3 on connector 325, the same slot your looking for on the second harness.

Harness installed by dealer

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson....1?locale=en_US

2nd Harness

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson....9?locale=en_US
OK. You have the correct Part Numbers.. So I guess I will have extra wires which are not needed. Huh.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:56 AM
dcfatboy
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by TOHOG
Thanks. INSTRUCTION SHEET: Fairing Dash Auxiliary Switch Kit. Kit #71400129.

It is in reference to the fused wire that goes to the battery.

MAYBE what you are saying is, YOU DO NOT NEED THIS AS YOU HAVE THIS FOR OTHER KIT? IF SO I MAY BE DONE!

Right? Or ?? THANKS A LOT
Correct, you do not need this, as this should have been installed for the other kit.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:52 PM
TOHOG
Supporter

This plug is used for the Cool Flow Fan but it has a Seal Pin in one slot. Could I remove that pin and insert the fused power wire terminal in there?
Originally Posted by dcfatboy
Correct, you do not need this, as this should have been installed for the other kit.
OK, but when I test for power on the two ACC connectors that came with the last harness (for RH dash switches) I get no power to them. I do see where first extra harness is fused to the battery and connected to a plug that sends power to the Cool Flow Fan and other ACC outlets steming from that harness but on the new harness there is ACC1 and ACC2, neither are powered.

Maybe I do need the second fused wire for this harness just like the one for the first one? Does that make sense?

TIA

Last edited by TOHOG; 07-21-2019 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Add photo
Old 07-21-2019, 04:31 PM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,300 Likes on 1,906 Posts

Connector 325 was used for the dealers added harness. You may be able to find a Y splitter to plug into 325 but you need to find out what electrical load the dealer added to the circuit and what additional load you will add with your circuit.

Last edited by Vernal; 07-21-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Accessory Wiring Harness ???