Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crazy Monster Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 10:51 AM
ctluba
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Crazy Monster Build thread

Ok, this was in the new member forum. Since the build has begun, figured I would move it here.

Hey guys, Just joined up because I have caught the "harley bug". Does this mean I have officially grown up?? Anyway, I am basically a bike builder. I have no training, I am not a mechanic and I dont know what I am doing. I just started tinkering with bikes a few years back. I have built two bikes and I think they came out pretty cool.

Anyway, now I want to build a completely different kind of Harley. I saw some bikes that really gave me some ideas and now I cant get it out of my head. I am really "anti-bling" and I cant stand chrome. I mean, to each his own, its just not for me. I love flat black and "murdered out". So I am looking for a fat boy and I will start a build thread when I get the bike.

My first two builds.

1981 Honda CB750F SUPER SPORT
STARTED LIKE THIS

Ended up like this (wiseco 823 kit, gsxr carbs, cb900 cams, ZX6 front end, GSXR swinger and wheel, fast freddy style oil cooler, custom seat / tail etc etc etc)

1975 GT 550 two stroke triple
started like this

Ended up like this (GSXR front end, SV 650 REAR END, Jemco pipes, custom seat and tail section, mono shock etc etc etc

So I hope you like the bikes. Gonna have to sell the CB to finacne the HArley build. Just cant let that 2 stroker go!!!

Old 09-17-2012, 10:53 AM
ctluba
Road Captain

Oh no, the project has a foundation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Old 09-17-2012, 10:56 AM
ctluba
Road Captain

Well project "crazy monster" has begun. I rode her around for a couple days just to learn what these bikes are all about. I must say they are comfortable and loud, pretty cool, but man what a boat anchor!!! My GT550 would smoke this thing. And stopping, forget it, the brakes are real bad. One plus is that it has a ton of torque on the low end, then................nothing happens!!!

So I started the tear down tonight. I dont know what the hell I am thinkin. It will be a miracle if this plan actually comes together. If I do actually pull this off I think this bike will be real unique. I will just take my time and I guess any problem can worked out, I guess!!!!

Alot more **** is gonna fall off this thing, and lot more **** will be added, but it will be bad *** in the end!!! Stay tuned.

The following users liked this post:
Scott B. (05-22-2019)
Old 09-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Eagle240
Tourer
Received 120 Likes on 24 Posts

I am subscribing to this thread.

For a couple reasons.

A) at 10:51am you were looking for a bike
B) at 10:53am you had a fatboy for a foundation
C) at 10:56am you had driven the fatboy for a couple days and already ripped the *** end of of it... in 5 minutes.

Needless to say - Im impressed!

All kidding aside - I did see this was sent over from the "new member" forum.
Look forward to watching your fatty transform!

Mike

Old 09-17-2012, 11:18 AM
ctluba
Road Captain

Should be very interesting. I have only seen 1 or 2 bikes like what I am planning. You will get the major idea in a couple days when I mock up the parts. Making it into an actual roller will take a while!!

Old 09-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Stashu7408
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First couple bikes look great... can't wait to see what the fatboy transforms into. Good to see another CT citizen... whereabouts in ct are you?

Old 09-17-2012, 11:35 AM
T-Rod45
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I like your style. Prior to my Harley, I had a '80 CB650 cafe and a '79 CB750 rigid. Unfortunately I didn't build either but did do some finish work on them.

What part of the state are you in?

Old 09-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eagle240
I am subscribing to this thread.

For a couple reasons.

A) at 10:51am you were looking for a bike
B) at 10:53am you had a fatboy for a foundation
C) at 10:56am you had driven the fatboy for a couple days and already ripped the *** end of of it... in 5 minutes.

Needless to say - Im impressed!

I was thinking the exact same thing
(I understand you posted the 1st part a few days back etc.. and just blended it all into one thread - but it still reads like it happened in minutes lol)

Last edited by Midgard; 09-17-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:21 PM
ctluba
Road Captain

I LOVE takin **** apart. Its the puttin back together I aint too good at!!!!!!!!!!

Dont make fun of my jack stands and car jack under the bike lift. I am terrified if the lift lets go!!!!!!! I just put some insurance under it..............*****.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

youre a whole lot more adventurous than I ever think to be, what a project and good luck in achieving your vision for this thing.

Quick Reply: Crazy Monster Build thread