Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed an old school cat's eye dash on my heritage springer pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 06:39 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

Very nice bike richie.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:59 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Agree love the pan bags. Great touch!

Old 12-06-2015, 07:33 AM
musicnbikes
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Thanks very much! I like it too. At the bike show today I was noticing it is a nice clean look compared to the stock. And as an added bonus apparently it has LED lights as they are much brighter I noticed.

I decided I didn't have enough anniversary badges (lol) so I repurposed a windshield badge for my new pocket.

Joe, that looks really good, but will it work for carb bikes?

Old 12-06-2015, 07:57 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
Joe, that looks really good, but will it work for carb bikes?
Sure - carb bikes have a similar tab welded on your tank to mount your dash, you just need to fab the little bracket just like I did.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:57 AM
Otter
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

Looks great! I’m considering this as well, or possible going to a one-piece dash. Great write-up!

Old 12-07-2015, 07:32 AM
musicnbikes
Road Master

Sure - carb bikes have a similar tab welded on your tank to mount your dash, you just need to fab the little bracket just like I did.
Thanks! Now another mod. I just wanted to get the heritage springer to a place. Can ride and enjoy it.....enter cat eye dash mod.

Old 12-07-2015, 07:37 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks! Now another mod. I just wanted to get the heritage springer to a place. Can ride and enjoy it.....enter cat eye dash mod.
lol a man after my own heart. Though I've got mine pretty much where I want it now.

I have to say the footboard fringe and fringed mudflaps really change the character of the bike, it looks really old school parked at the bike meet ups. Much more noticeable than the dash change which isn't cheap. If you want a mod that will be noticed and changes the bike's character get the mudflaps before HD obsoletes them. They are cheap now. You can get footboard fringe from many places, it just sticks on, or you can go for the HD fringe but it's obsolete and expensive and won't fit the nostalgic footboards I have.

I'm more worried about your vibration, do you have a thread on that?

Old 12-07-2015, 07:46 AM
musicnbikes
Road Master

lol a man after my own heart. Though I've got mine pretty much where I want it now.

I have to say the footboard fringe and fringed mudflaps really change the character of the bike, it looks really old school parked at the bike meet ups. Much more noticeable than the dash change which isn't cheap. If you want a mod that will be noticed and changes the bike's character get the mudflaps before HD obsoletes them. They are cheap now. You can get footboard fringe from many places, it just sticks on, or you can go for the HD fringe but it's obsolete and expensive and won't fit the nostalgic footboards I have.

I'm more worried about your vibration, do you have a thread on that?
I just posted on my springer thread, about that. I'm concerned, as well. I'm going to tear it down, but, it probably will not be until after Christmas, unless, some time opens up. My sons nightster is on the lift, at the moment, leaky head gaskets. Plus, trying to get ready for family coming in. Pretty hectic. Now.
PS. I'm going to try to add the electraglo footboards, after Christmas. Have you seen those?

Old 12-07-2015, 09:13 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

I just posted on my springer thread, about that. I'm concerned, as well. I'm going to tear it down, but, it probably will not be until after Christmas, unless, some time opens up. My sons nightster is on the lift, at the moment, leaky head gaskets. Plus, trying to get ready for family coming in. Pretty hectic. Now.
PS. I'm going to try to add the electraglo footboards, after Christmas. Have you seen those?
No I haven't.....link?

Old 12-07-2015, 09:57 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

Now we just need a wider selection of tank panels to go along with the cats eye.

Quick Reply: Installed an old school cat's eye dash on my heritage springer pics inside