Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passing Lamp Bar/Rear Signal bar

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 03:34 PM
kizzletruck
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Passing Lamp Bar/Rear Signal bar

Hey all,

Well, as I sit here bike-less with winter approaching, I am working on getting my list together of mods so that when I pick up y next project in the spring (Deluxe), I'll have some things to get started on right away. One of the things that I have seen a few photos of online, and on this forum too I believe was a custom/aftermarket passing lamp light bar. It has a classy "V" shape to it, and from what I have been finding online, I cannot seem to find a vendor. Is this something that people are custom building, or is it something that one person is making and distributing through the forums? I would like to find out, and check out the possibility of adding it to my mods list. If I have to build a front and rear (for the rear signals), I will - and I'll probably do so in a way that will run wires internally.

I have enclosed a couple pictures of what I am talking about (I can't remember where I got them, but I'm almost positive they were from the forum)....

There is also a gentleman who posted this video (probably a forum member?) on Youtube that has a better view of the passing lamp bar. Any help would be appreciated. Best view in the video is around 55 seconds.

Last edited by kizzletruck; 10-13-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:55 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

That is a Doss V-bar. Has been off the market and not made in a few years. They pop up on eBay from time to time.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:00 PM
kizzletruck
Tourer

Well that is a bit discouraging. Lol. Looks like I might have to make something. I found a couple more, better pictures I had stashed away on my computer, so I included those instead of the other two.

Guess I can keep my eyes peeled for a bar, or otherwise talk to a friend of mine to see if I can utilize his metal shop.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:21 PM
kizzletruck
Tourer

I found this online. Wonder if it could be used on newer model Softails?

http://www.shopzoom4parts.com/big-tw...t-31-0311.html