Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Deluxe Slip on Exhaust options

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 03:51 PM
actonern
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Softail Deluxe Slip on Exhaust options

Hi everyone:

I have a 2006 fuel injected Deluxe and am wondering if anyone knows of a slip on that looks like the factory tapered rear portion of the exhaust, but has a better exhaust note? Not cycle shack loud, more like the V&H "quiet baffle" in their straight shot slip ons. In other words, that would end up looking like the factory set up, but with a better sound.

Appreciate any ideas.

Best regards,

E

Old 12-11-2014, 07:11 PM
High Roller
Cruiser

With a few days' turnaround, American Custom Exhaust (a forum sponsor) will modify your stock mufflers with one of 3 different loudness options, and they are interchangeable. So you can buy a second set of baffles and swap them out as the mood hits you. I haven't heard them myself, but others have had good things to say.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:32 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by actonern
Hi everyone:

I have a 2006 fuel injected Deluxe and am wondering if anyone knows of a slip on that looks like the factory tapered rear portion of the exhaust, but has a better exhaust note? Not cycle shack loud, more like the V&H "quiet baffle" in their straight shot slip ons. In other words, that would end up looking like the factory set up, but with a better sound.

Appreciate any ideas.

Best regards,

E
S&S, loud and high dollar, good quality, Cycle Shack, cheap. loud and ok quality. There is another that has the tapered muffler, might be Klockwerks??

Old 12-11-2014, 11:37 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,931 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Hi everyone:

Appreciate any ideas.

Best regards,

E
Another option is to remove the baffles from your existing exhaust and install some Thunder Torque Inserts, or install some larger diameter baffles and some TTI's?

Here are a couple of vids you may find interesting.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 12-12-2014, 01:47 AM
Kiwirob
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

To answer your question about tapered mufflers that look stock, Khromewerks make mufflers that fit the bill. Had them on my stock, then modified, '07 Deluxe for some years. - Rob
http://www.khromewerks.com/3-inch-HP...1029-1141.html

Old 12-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Warren9073
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwirob
To answer your question about tapered mufflers that look stock, Khromewerks make mufflers that fit the bill. Had them on my stock, then modified, '07 Deluxe for some years. - Rob
http://www.khromewerks.com/3-inch-HP...1029-1141.html

Have them on my 12 Fatboy. Nice deep rumble but not as loud as V&H

Old 12-12-2014, 05:23 PM
actonern
6th Gear

Thanks everybody. Great ideas to look into. One thing I'm finding repeatedly, from Vance & Hines, S&S and others, is that lots of available slip-ons, including the tapered slip-ons I'm looking for, seem to only fit 2007 and later models. There must have been a mounting bracket change in that model year?

Thanks.

E

Old 12-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by High Roller
With a few days' turnaround, American Custom Exhaust (a forum sponsor) will modify your stock mufflers with one of 3 different loudness options, and they are interchangeable. So you can buy a second set of baffles and swap them out as the mood hits you. I haven't heard them myself, but others have had good things to say.
Ditto...these folks are great to deal with. They did mine and my brothers pipes and they work great. Diff. Baffles to chose from and you can change them in minutes.
They have new one blanks available if you want to save yours. We bought their bell blanks and could not find a scratch...great deal. Check out their site. We both use the mid range baffles and the sound is just right. Performance is great also.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:07 PM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks everybody. Great ideas to look into. One thing I'm finding repeatedly, from Vance & Hines, S&S and others, is that lots of available slip-ons, including the tapered slip-ons I'm looking for, seem to only fit 2007 and later models. There must have been a mounting bracket change in that model year?

Thanks.

E
I have an '06 Heritage and found the same thing. I want to keep the stock look but want to hear a little more noise. I have decided to go with American Custom and mid rumble baffles.

Old 12-14-2014, 03:28 AM
kizzletruck
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are interested, I am selling the Vance & Hines Twin Slash Cut slip ons off of my 2012 Deluxe. They list to fit a 2007-2015 Deluxe, but with a phone call to Vance & Hines, they may fit your 2006. Part number is 16841. Can be heard at the following link:

Quick Reply: Softail Deluxe Slip on Exhaust options