Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gangster apes and a Detach batwing

Old 01-30-2015, 06:07 PM
redmosquito1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gangster apes and a Detach batwing

Anyone running this set up? I'm thinking of getting a quick detach fairing for this year but I'm running 14" gangsters with their low profile risers. My windshield hits the apes at the top so I have to either use spacers to tilt the shield out or tilt the bars way back.

It looks like a batwing would be short enough to land more in the bend of the apes but I have no idea and they aren't cheap enough to take a flier on trying it. Everyone that I know who rides with a batwing says the wind is cut way down and with the wind deflectors on the sides it cuts the up draft to a minimum.

So, wondering if anyone is running this set up?

Old 01-31-2015, 09:09 AM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I cant answer you question, but can tell you that I'm in a similar situation , I have a Deadcentercycles Batwing , and have Burly Beach bars at the moment, but I'm going with Gangsters, everything I've read say that they will still hit if you have the bars in the favoured forward position .. I still wish to use the fairing with my apes , and thought about these risers which will take the bars back a few inches
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rox-Risers...item19ec4f2377