Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to move rider floorboards forward??

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Tone
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to move rider floorboards forward??

Can anyone tell me how I can move my floorboards forward? What will I need? Extended shift lever? Extended Brake Lever? Thanks in advance

Old 04-22-2007, 02:14 PM
BuckeyeHD
Tourer
Default RE: How to move rider floorboards forward??

I guess it would depend on how far and what scoot you ride. You would definately need an extended brake lever and a front shifter arm. Might be less expensive to put on highway pegs or cruising boards and leave your stockers where they are.

Old 04-22-2007, 03:16 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok here is what your going to need, P/N 50409-04 extened rider floorboards. They are only 79.95 which is alot cheeper than getting forward controls or the Bubba's brakes forward floorbord kit(they are the "D" shaped floorboard pans with out the insert) you can re-use the floorboard inserts you already have if you have the classic "D" shaped floorboards. They will move the floorboards 2" farther forward. If you look this part number up on the Harley site it will say that they are for the touring modles only, but they do fit the softail modles with floorboards (I have them on my Fatboy). To replace them you only need to take out the 2 bolts holding the floorboards to the bike and then put the new ones on. I would also recomend that you get the extended reach brake lever P/N 42640-03 or the EZ brake equivelent. It will make it alot more comfortable to use the rear brake even if you decide not to get the floorboards. I have the Harley one myself. As for the shifters, I have the stock ones on my bike but you might want to get the extended toe shifter. I personally dont have a problem with where it is but if you are looking for maximum room on the boards you might want to get it. I wouldnt worry about the rear shifter arm because with the floorboard 2" forward the rear shifter hangs off the back of the board a little. Im going to head down to the garage right now to do some work and will take some pics so you can see my set up. It looks totaly stock (with the exception of the Kuryakyn cruiser arms). If your looking to put the Kuryakyn cruiser arms on the extended floorboards it can be done but it takes a little bit of work to make them fit. If anyone wants to know about the just PM me or post a thread I'm sure ill read it. I hope that answers all your questions if not just let me know.

Chris

Old 04-22-2007, 03:42 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member

Here are the pics as promised.

Chris

Old 04-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Tone
Stage III

Thanks for the info so far. I have a 03 Heritage. Do you think moving these forward is going to interfere with my engine guard? Any ideas where to get a extended shift lever to match the stock?

Old 04-22-2007, 08:27 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member

My father got these as well for his road king, he has an engine guard and they work just fine with them, no interfearance at all. But then again that is a touring model not a softail. With that being said, I dont think there should be a problem with it on a heritage but im not 100% sure. As for the shifter arms you can go with Kuryakyn shifter arms P/N KY-1034 But before spending that money I would take a ride or two with the stock shifter arms just to see how it is.

Chris
[/b]

Old 04-22-2007, 09:47 PM
blackbirdxx
Cruiser

Looking at the Kuryakyn cruiser arms, it looks like the Mark IV versions will work with the extended floorboards since they bolt up to the subframe that holds the floorboards and that entire frame is moved forward (at least with the Ness kit - not sure about the HD kit you are describing). Has anyone else been able to put the Kuryakyn extended cruise arms (Kuryakyn Part # KY-7841) on their bike with the Ness kit installed?

Chris, can you send some up close pictures of your cruise arms (both sides) and how they are mounted...looks like you have the Mk III version which drill into the floorboards?

Anyone have the MK IV versions and can post pictures?