Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Dual Vance & Hines for 07 Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 01:07 PM
harry1584
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Dual Vance & Hines for 07 Deluxe

Hi Guys need your help,
I am looking to purchase a set of Vance & Hines true duals for 07 Deluxe with air sensors I have been quoted $639 +$160 approx for fishtails &$30 for quite baffles I was wondering if any of you guys who have bought them, if you havehad a better price.Do they come with all the fitting brackets ready to assemble and fit on to the bike.

cheers Harry

Old 04-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Luxe
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: True Dual Vance & Hines for 07 Deluxe

The kits do come with everything needed except, the exhaust gaskets. You can pick those up from your dealer. The SE gaskets cost about $8. for the pair. The pipes you can do much better on the price. Call American Classic Motors in PA $530.00, tips are $135.00 and $50.00 for the pair of quiet baffles. However when I ordered they did not have any tips in stock & I had to buy them from J&P for $165.00 for the pair Ouch! American Classic Motors has alower price than everyone else, free freight, and no state tax, unless you are in PA.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/VANCE-HINES-TRUE-...QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers,
Luxe

Old 04-25-2007, 02:48 PM
AGRV8D
Road Master
Old 04-25-2007, 02:58 PM
HOGWYLDPR
Tourer

Got mine at American Classic Motors.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:07 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Call Mark at M&M cycles $719.00 to my door with fish tails and quite baffles

Old 04-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Luxe
Tourer

Hey Nikon,

Have you noticed any performance difference with the V&H true duals, did you have comparative dyno numbers? BTW, looks great!

Luxe

Old 04-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Luxe
Tourer

Friends don't let friends buy Sampson pipes!

Old 04-25-2007, 09:46 PM
mori55
Tourer

I have the Samson fishtails great looking pipes have had them 2 years and they look like new.
The only problem is fishtails DO hurt your power.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:34 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Hay Luxe I have heard tail about the loss of horse power with fishtails but ill give you my experience first hand. I started out with the stock exhaust with cycle shack slip ons on my built 95CI it ran flawlessly no popping no hesitation no problems at all. All I had was the Harley download for the Harley package I had installed. I was holding back on a change because the bike ran so good and thought why look for trouble. I heard stories about loosing power even had one guy say 20 to 25 horse power this one I had a hard time swallowing. I finally decided to make the move to the Vance & Hines true duels with fish tails and quite baffles. As far as I am concerned there is not another pair of pipes that will ad to the nostalgic look the way that the fishtails do. The duels were installed and i have put about 200 miles on the bike here is what I have to say. First off the fish tails have nothing to do with power loss if any thing its the pipe crossing over to the other side because it is now not flowing as straight a run this would be the reason for a loss if any not the fish tales them selfs. After the installation I have found there to be little or no difference in power in fact I would have to say if any thing it seems to have a little more than before. The bike runs smooth and maybe a slight bit better than with the slip ons. Sound wise I like it when I twist it I am still getting use to the fact there is now sound on both sides. I like the look and the sound and the way the bike is running and I am very happy with the Vance and hines true duels on my ride. I have a question for you I am not sure if your the guy with the v style turn signal bracket. If you are what's involved do you have to drill any holes I really do not want to do that any thing you can tell me in detail on this i would appreciate it M Thanks

Old 04-26-2007, 12:27 AM
mori55
Tourer

I have the Samsons and i did lose 15hp , before i had a rinehart 2-1.Did you have your bike dynoed? Hey i love the fishtails too , that's why i put them back on. I was hoping the V&H were better for HP than the samsons.

Quick Reply: True Dual Vance & Hines for 07 Deluxe