Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Half moon boards on a deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 06:59 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts
Default Half moon boards on a deluxe

I have read all the previous posts I can find on footboard vibration on a deluxe. I cant find if any one has installed the half moon boards #51345 to successfully cure the softail buzz in the floorboards. The stock deluxe boards don't seem to have any vibration isolation rubber inserts like the half moons do. I only feel a buzz in the boards under heavy load. Plus, they look pretty cool. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:38 AM
jtarter
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

I have the half moon boards and haven't noticed any buzzing. They are good, just wish they were longer.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Sprawl
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Not to disagree with what sounds like an issue but I never noticed any vibration in my feet with my stock boards that had the rubber mounts nor do I notice with my solid Arlen Ness Full Boards. If i remember correctly they just have a rubber grommet that mounts up to stock mount. The board itself is solid and as seen in the photo they have strips of rubber running the length.

The following users liked this post:
Herve (02-18-2023)
Old 05-08-2015, 07:43 PM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member

Thx guys. I guess what I am trying to figure out if the half moon boards have a better damping ability than the the stock deluxe ones. I thought maybe some one might have installed the half moons and have an opinion one way or another.

Old 05-08-2015, 07:49 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cant answer your question because i never had a deluxe, but i did have a cross bones which came with half moon boards. i didn't feel any buzz on my feet. plus i honestly love the way the stock boards look on the deluxe.....just my opinion

Old 05-08-2015, 08:22 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 470 Likes on 250 Posts

I actually went about it the other way. My Lo came with the half moon boards and I needed the D shaped boards for the Kuryakan covers I wanted to use. I found that on the 2011 model the Lo and the Deluxe have the same floor board brackets. They should bolt up, I ended up using spacer brackets to move the boards out and forward one inch to make them more comfortable.

Here is a link for OEM parts books, it's a great tool for checking to see if parts from another model will fit yours http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.....asp?make=hdmc

Last edited by Fat11Lo; 05-09-2015 at 06:02 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:20 AM
xlr8it
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Half moon boards

Deluxe boards

Originally Posted by cocky
Thx guys. I guess what I am trying to figure out if the half moon boards have a better damping ability than the the stock deluxe ones. I thought maybe some one might have installed the half moons and have an opinion one way or another.

I can help you with this as I had the deluxe boards on my Breakout and then I went with the half moons for the black look.
The half moons definitely have better damping ability and also the rubber pads don't fall out like they do on the deluxe boards.

Old 05-09-2015, 07:40 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member

Thx xlr8. Thats a confirmation as I expected. I am going to see if the vibration is being caused by something like loose bolts or exhaust touching somewhere first. Then if all looks good, an order to kutter HD will be next.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:49 PM
highguy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My feet went numb with stock footboards. No issues since switching to these.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:22 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Are the half moon boards bolt in inserts? Deluxe stock boards are rubber grommet inserts instead of bolt in. Pain in the butt knowing if you scrape around the corner good chance you'll have to pull the floorboard off and reinsert the rubber once you're home.

Quick Reply: Half moon boards on a deluxe