Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Series - Home Base

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 07:02 PM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 380 Likes on 191 Posts

Well I went to the Harley Demo ride yesterday at the local dealer. I tried two bikes. The special edition Road King, and the Street Glide. I found the new engine to be on par with my 110 for speed and performance. The engine seemed to vibrate more at idle, and on deceleration. The engine seemed more refined, but more vanilla. I have Rush slip ons, so the new Harley was definitely wanting in the sound category. I am 5' 11" and found both bikes cramped compared to my Slim S. The boards on the Harleys I road are too high off of the ground, which brought my knees upwards. Not a fan of the apes on the Road King, but the bars on the Street glide were perfect as is. Really not a fan of the batwing. I like to be able to see all of the road in front of me.

I think I realized that my Slim S is the perfect Harley for me. Just the right size, lots of power, great looking, and still feels old school while having all the modern conveniences needed on a bike today. I also realized how amazing my back rest is. Don't think I can have a cruiser without one.

Also wanted to add that the stock seats feel great for a couple of minutes but end up way too soft, and kill your butt in no time. Makes me love my Corbin that much more.

Last edited by Sticks24; 07-22-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:24 AM
13 foxtrot
Advanced
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Joker Rat Eye Turn Signals

In the event anyone was wondering what Joker Rat Eye turn signals look like on a slim.

I custom installed them on the OEM Harley "turn signal ball studs". I cut 1/4" inch off the threaded end of the studs. Not a necessary cut, but it brings the signal in tight and rids the sight of the stud. The Joker rat eye turn signal hole was tapped to 5/16 24 to match the ball stud threads. When the wiring was complete, I added blue lock tight during the final "aiming adjustment" to help with keeping the signal in place on the ball stud. Precautionary only. I originally purchased the mirror mount rat eyes, but they stood too far off the bars for my taste. My goal was to get something tucked in closer to the bars that was bright. Done.

I opted to purchase the intensifier for both the running light and turn signal option. Stand alone signal w/o the intensifier is turn signal only. They are bright both day and night. Photo's below with the lights on are simply the running lights.

On a side note, I worked with Joker directly and they were good folks.

Attached Thumbnails S-Series - Home Base-20170722_111824.jpg   S-Series - Home Base-20170722_111732.jpg   S-Series - Home Base-20170722_111707.jpg   S-Series - Home Base-20170722_111638.jpg   S-Series - Home Base-20170722_112144.jpg  

The following 2 users liked this post by 13 foxtrot:
Johan96 (07-24-2017), wachuko (07-23-2017)
Old 07-23-2017, 03:53 PM
dl03
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Great to be back

Well hello all. Its been 11 years since I've owned a Harley. So Friday my girlfriend and I bought me a 17 Softie S. Love this bike and have some plans. She doesn't need much at all. Right now stage 1 is being done. More pics to come, I'm sure.

SO just wanted to say hi.

Attached Thumbnails S-Series - Home Base-sold-jason.jpg  
Old 07-23-2017, 06:20 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dl03
Well hello all. Its been 11 years since I've owned a Harley. So Friday my girlfriend and I bought me a 17 Softie S. Love this bike and have some plans. She doesn't need much at all. Right now stage 1 is being done. More pics to come, I'm sure.

SO just wanted to say hi.
Hi and congratulations on your new ride!!! Enjoy it in good health!

Old 07-24-2017, 01:26 PM
CVOJOE
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by CVOJOE
I just bought a 17 Slim S. I have been riding RG's for the last 5 years. Decided I wanted something smaller, easier to handle.

I have read about the first 40 pages of this thread and will finish it up in the next day or so.

I had the dealer put a small set of apes on it and ordered the windshield.

I have a set of Dragos 2-1 pipes coming and will get it dyno tuned by Steve @ GMR

I am real excited about this new bike
OK...an update to my Slim S purchase. Went up to the dealer Sat. and took it for a 30 min. drive. (American Eagle HD) This is a Torquey little BITCH...love it, except for the stock seat...what were they thinking???

The Dragos Exhaust was on back-order, went with the D&D Low Cat 2-1
Saddleman just came out with a new Renegade LS seat for it, it's on order. (pic below) 1 week build time + shipping
Ordered the Kuryakyn Black Mach 2 CO-AX Air Cleaner - # 9572 (pic below) I don't like the look of the stock AC
TTS tuner.

They are supposed to have the exhaust and mini-apes (12") on by Friday. Steve with GMR will tune it this coming Saturday.

As soon as the dealer gets done with it, I will post some pics.

BTW...Thanks to all the guys who have contributed to this Thread. It really helps make decisions when you have this many people showing their mods. You guys saved me some money and cost me a whole lot more...LOL

Attached Thumbnails S-Series - Home Base-renegade-ls.jpg   S-Series - Home Base-mach-2-ac.jpg  
Old 07-24-2017, 05:52 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by CVOJOE
OK...an update to my Slim S purchase. Went up to the dealer Sat. and took it for a 30 min. drive. (American Eagle HD) This is a Torquey little BITCH...love it, except for the stock seat...what were they thinking???

The Dragos Exhaust was on back-order, went with the D&D Low Cat 2-1
Saddleman just came out with a new Renegade LS seat for it, it's on order. (pic below) 1 week build time + shipping
Ordered the Kuryakyn Black Mach 2 CO-AX Air Cleaner - # 9572 (pic below) I don't like the look of the stock AC
TTS tuner.

They are supposed to have the exhaust and mini-apes (12") on by Friday. Steve with GMR will tune it this coming Saturday.

As soon as the dealer gets done with it, I will post some pics.

BTW...Thanks to all the guys who have contributed to this Thread. It really helps make decisions when you have this many people showing their mods. You guys saved me some money and cost me a whole lot more...LOL
Nice. That seat looks really good. If I had apes, I'd be looking at that seat too.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:05 AM
rallymanx
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bumping this thread!

So next week i should be a new owner of a 17 Fatboy S.

Only 1 other in Hong Kong (and the dealer told me he's been done for drink so its off road at the moment haha) so nice and unique.

Getting V&H Big Radius 2 into 2, tinted lights all round and moving to a side plate (there massive here so having it in stock position looks crazy).

After reading the whole thread i'm definitely taking those ugly reflectors off once i get it. Lots of other ideas to play with, but will wait till I get used to the bike. Loved those spoke wheels someone posted about 20 pages back. Coming off a street 750 which was my first harley i bought when i moved here to Hong Kong, after 10+ years on sports bikes whilst living in the isle of Man. Will keep you posted.

The following users liked this post:
Johan96 (07-30-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Derek R Collier
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adam072987
My mods for my Slim S. Added ammo can saddle bags and passing light trim rings today. Last thing for next year will be a full exhaust and tuner.

This summer I had Custom dynamics License plate and fender strut lights, Thunderbike front turn signals, Innovv K1 Moto camera system, had seat redone by Mean City Cylces,new battery box and a Anti Gravity 720cca battery

Man, I love what you've done with the ammo cans. I've been trying to figure out how to use my cans on my Slim as well, and now after seeing yours, I think I can see how its done. The license plate, is that a bolt-on piece from custom dynamics? Also, which brackets did you use for the ammo cans? Again, thanks for the inspiration...

Old 08-06-2017, 02:04 PM
Gozo
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

About those reflectors,,, you can cut and shape them to fit the cut out on the fender strut 2" below same location, a little silicon to hold in place. And away you go.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:18 AM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,906 Likes on 3,285 Posts

Originally Posted by rallymanx
Bumping this thread!

So next week i should be a new owner of a 17 Fatboy S.

Only 1 other in Hong Kong (and the dealer told me he's been done for drink so its off road at the moment haha) so nice and unique.

Getting V&H Big Radius 2 into 2, tinted lights all round and moving to a side plate (there massive here so having it in stock position looks crazy).

After reading the whole thread i'm definitely taking those ugly reflectors off once i get it. Lots of other ideas to play with, but will wait till I get used to the bike. Loved those spoke wheels someone posted about 20 pages back. Coming off a street 750 which was my first harley i bought when i moved here to Hong Kong, after 10+ years on sports bikes whilst living in the isle of Man. Will keep you posted.
Gotta ask, what kind of price do they charge for a Fatboy in Hong Kong?

Quick Reply: S-Series - Home Base