Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick ? about Jason Ward's FCS thermal switch install

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 05:40 PM
tennesseeguy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick ? about Jason Ward's FCS thermal switch install

I don't usually post on here but I just saw the brown truck deliver my new FCS system from Jason Ward..A quality product for sure!! I don't have Office here at home so I can't view the thermal switch install instructions. I understand the wiring just no idea where to mount the switch ??? Is it meant to be adhered to the cylinder or what is the way some of you have installed it..
thanks for your ideas I want to install them this weekend and it would be Monday before I can get to a computer where I can open a docx file.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:26 PM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by tennesseeguy
I don't usually post on here but I just saw the brown truck deliver my new FCS system from Jason Ward..A quality product for sure!! I don't have Office here at home so I can't view the thermal switch install instructions. I understand the wiring just no idea where to mount the switch ??? Is it meant to be adhered to the cylinder or what is the way some of you have installed it..
thanks for your ideas I want to install them this weekend and it would be Monday before I can get to a computer where I can open a docx file.
Push the thermal switch between the first and second and large fins on the front Jug using an ice cream stick or tongue depressor. Good to go.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:00 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Look on his web site, depends which switch you have. Creep or Snap. The snap is a little more carefully placed with a dab of,(I used Permatex ultra black RTV) On just the bottom and side that contacts fin and wall of cylinder. Carefully wedged in place with a wood shim or folded business card overnight till RTV is fully cured.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:19 PM
tennesseeguy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks all..I appreciate the help!!!