Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker B: MY ROCKER C MOD THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 03:52 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker B
Yep..21" front and a rear fender chop is on the short-er list..and ya, I know what you mean, glad I can count on ya!! lol
Yes I'm highly experienced with spending other peoples money so you can be assured of quality service

I was plain out bored today- raining cats and dogs here- so in commemoration of beginning your mods I pulled my front fender off. We'll see which takes longer- your mods or me getting tired of no fender and putting it back on. looks a lot better without it though but we'll see... my Big Dog chopper has no fender and it's never been a problem.

Also picked up a mint condition stock BO seat off fleabay for dirt cheap- I'm going to start chopping up my current stock seat and see what I can do with it. getting tired of sliding off the back and the bike needs something snappier looking.

Old 03-11-2016, 05:11 PM
Sarah93003
Club Member
Received 30,067 Likes on 6,791 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Yes I'm highly experienced with spending other peoples money so you can be assured of quality service

I was plain out bored today- raining cats and dogs here- so in commemoration of beginning your mods I pulled my front fender off. We'll see which takes longer- your mods or me getting tired of no fender and putting it back on. looks a lot better without it though but we'll see... my Big Dog chopper has no fender and it's never been a problem.

Also picked up a mint condition stock BO seat off fleabay for dirt cheap- I'm going to start chopping up my current stock seat and see what I can do with it. getting tired of sliding off the back and the bike needs something snappier looking.
It would be great to do a thread for a seat mod. I'd love to do something to my Danny Grey seat. I always feel like I will slide off. Perhaps I should ease up on the throttle but that is so hard for me.

Old 03-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Yep, same here raining and cold..supposed to be this way for a while to, but we need the rain/snow as you know, guess I picked a good time to start a few mods, don't ride in the weather..

So it looks like the belt guards are staying...after removing the top, I noticed what looked like a piece of the fender missing or cut-out, I could see the tire...turns out it is!! (see the second pic) It's cut away to clear the belt. What looks like the bottom of the fender is actually a separate plastic piece shaped and painted like the fender, that is connected at two points to the lower belt guard which wraps up and back along the bottom of the upper belt guard, all one piece. The upper chrome belt guard covers up the cut in the fender, so they're both staying, it just doesn't look right if I remove the plastic bottom portion of the fender, which I would have to do to remove the lower guard..

[QUOTE=Sarah93003;14929978]When I removed the reflectors from mine I used dental floss. I also used the high E string from a guitar. Both worked just fine. QUOTE]

I used fishing line and dental floss on my BO's reflectors....took me over an hour to do four and remove the adhesive tape..Went about it a little different this time...a pair of channel locks and I was done in under 5 minutes!! I made a quick YouTube vid... check it out here if you'd like..
Reflectors came off clean, no damage, could be used again!!

A couple of reflector-less pics...

Last edited by Rocker B; 03-31-2016 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:15 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sarah93003
It would be great to do a thread for a seat mod. I'd love to do something to my Danny Grey seat. I always feel like I will slide off. Perhaps I should ease up on the throttle but that is so hard for me.
yeh I'll put up a thread as I get into it. What I'm going to do is work on shape and seating position, then take it to my local upholsterer for some cool covering. I bought the stock breakout seat so i could ride while I mess with it- I'll sell the seat again later. I don't like to ease up on the throttle either- and with the new 30/70 belt pulleys there is some very good off the line pull- definitely loving that!

Old 03-11-2016, 08:20 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rocker B
Yep, same here raining and cold..supposed to be this way for a while to, but we need the rain/snow as you know, guess I picked a good time to start a few mods, don't ride in the weather..

So it looks like the belt guards are staying...after removing the top, I noticed what looked like a piece of the fender missing or cut-out, I could see the tire...turns out it is!! (see the second pic) It's cut away to clear the belt. What looks like the bottom of the fender is actually a separate plastic piece shaped and painted like the fender, that is connected at two points to the lower belt guard which wraps up and back along the bottom of the upper belt guard, all one piece. The upper chrome belt guard covers up the cut in the fender, so they're both staying, it just doesn't look right if I remove the plastic bottom portion of the fender, which I would have to do to remove the lower guard..

A couple of pic with the reflectors gone..

Looks better already without the reflectors!

what do you think about just removing the belt guards and that middle painted plastic piece? I think it might look better to just open up the entire wheel area, especially if you are going chopped fender. just something to think about.

Old 03-11-2016, 08:57 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sarah93003
now that's just too funny- did you see the Rocker C seat mod thread that just showed up? you asked for one and *poof* it appeared..

Old 03-11-2016, 09:35 PM
Sarah93003
Club Member

now that's just too funny- did you see the Rocker C seat mod thread that just showed up? you asked for one and *poof* it appeared..
It's a magical thing. Another set mod thread would be just as awesome!

Old 03-11-2016, 09:39 PM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior
Received 416 Likes on 311 Posts

I've been meaning to start it for a month, Sarah asking made me get off my ***...

Old 03-11-2016, 09:47 PM
Sarah93003
Club Member

Originally Posted by skid_pimp
I've been meaning to start it for a month, Sarah asking made me get off my ***...
Yes!

Old 03-11-2016, 09:56 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Looks better already without the reflectors!

what do you think about just removing the belt guards and that middle painted plastic piece? I think it might look better to just open up the entire wheel area, especially if you are going chopped fender. just something to think about.
Ya, I had it off and it doesn't look right.. also the right side is the actual steel fender, I'd have to cut a notch out of it to make both sides match, I can't just cut that whole end of the fender off where the notch is at the belt line because it bolts to the swingarm at the bottom of that end, on the Rocker the fenders connected to the swingarm, it doesn't move up and down above the tire, the wheel/tire and fender move up and down together... and again, it just looks strange with the red plastic fender piece removed. I might be able to fab some kind of hidden bracket to hold the red plastic piece in place and remove the black plastic guard/mount which it bolts to now, but I'll need to keep the chrome top guard to hide the cut-out in the fender, maybe I can run/hide the bracket to hold the red plastic piece behind it, and then down ??

Last edited by Rocker B; 03-12-2016 at 12:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Rocker B: MY ROCKER C MOD THREAD