Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alternative sound option trials

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 07:56 PM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 788 Likes on 432 Posts
Default alternative sound option trials

With the plethora of waterproof/shock proof sound options available and with a few companies like kuryakyn coming out with one, it got me wondering if any of the lower budget (best buy type) options would work/fit on my bike. I had 3 requirements...needed to fit under my quarter fairing, needed to hear at highway speeds, and needed to be a quick release if attacked to any wiring.

Here's the first option; the Braven X:
Attacked by a nylon strap (for now).
Ipv7 vs drops, water...basically everything proof
12hr battery that can also act as a device charger

Downside...ac adapter charged...Will need to find an adapter for the bike if I want to charge that route.

Tomorrow or day after temp pending I will go pro the ride to work to see how it sounds.

Attached Thumbnails alternative sound option trials-20160412_201738.jpg   alternative sound option trials-20160412_201749.jpg  
Old 04-13-2016, 05:44 PM
matte
Stellar HDF Member

Took it for a ride today (no video yet). Can't hear jack over 50. On a positive note, it sounds good riding around town on 3/4-full blast. Also the size is perfect for anyone using a quarter fairing. The tabs mount just inside the mounting nuts and while I kept the nylon cord there for support, you can literally use this without it. at 136$, it sounds decent with a few helpful road features. Need to find someone with one of those fork bag speakers to compare them. Still unsure if I will keep it or not though.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:03 AM
Brigman
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious as well. Right now, I simply wear on-the-ear Beats headphones with noise cancelling. Works decently. I plan on buying a helmet soon since I will most likely be riding across the US within the next 6 months, and I'm going to buy a set with bluetooth speakers built in. (Retro 3/4 helmet with visor)

Personally, my bike is too loud for most of the speakers and sound bars I've ran across. I also have the baffles taken out of my pipes so that definitely doesn't help.

Old 04-14-2016, 05:41 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Brigman
Curious as well. Right now, I simply wear on-the-ear Beats headphones with noise cancelling. Works decently. I plan on buying a helmet soon since I will most likely be riding across the US within the next 6 months, and I'm going to buy a set with bluetooth speakers built in. (Retro 3/4 helmet with visor)

Personally, my bike is too loud for most of the speakers and sound bars I've ran across. I also have the baffles taken out of my pipes so that definitely doesn't help.
Normally I have ear buds with really good passive noise canceling (comply molds). Speakers or not, I can't ride without my bluebuds...esp at speed because I want to keep my hearing. Long term may just be better off sticking with the buds.

Old 04-14-2016, 09:09 AM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 672 Likes on 372 Posts

I use the Sena RS-1 inside my helmet and with that I can stream music either from my iPhone or my Zumo GPS. Works great.