Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best battery for my bike?

Old 04-24-2016, 05:12 PM
Wrenchy
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Best battery for my bike?

So I have this battery... it's dead again. I replaced the stock harley battery with a parts unlimited battery from drag before last riding season because the harley battery tested bad. The bike sat all winter inside a heated garage at my buddy's house, had it charging for a day before I pulled it out of storage. Ran great, started fine, no issues at all. Few weeks go by, riding every couple days when it has been nice outside. I go out last week to leave for work and click click click. So I bring the battery to work to test it and charge it. Tested fine, charging system is fine in the bike. Ran good after charging it again, until tonight. Click click click. Just won't stay charged, although it tested as "good" on the load tester.

So all that being said, it's time for another battery. Which is the best way to go? Get a factory Harley battery, or look aftermarket for a better one? I'm not as familiar with batteries for bikes/power sports as I am with car batteries.

Thanks,
Wrench

Old 04-24-2016, 05:26 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 751 Likes on 459 Posts

First off, you can't just let a battery sit for months without it being charged.
Next year pull the battery and put it on a tender for the winter.

Second; you might want to read the forum to see if there's an active thread on your subject.
There's an active thread going on right now.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ny-advice.html

Last edited by Bluraven; 04-24-2016 at 05:29 PM.