Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lyndall Brake Pads for Polished Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 07:09 PM
kinect
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Lyndall Brake Pads for Polished Rotors

Im planning to put polished rotors on my bike and based on my research, HD changed the front rotors from 11.5" to 11.8" (300mm), starting 2015 for my fatboy and other softails and the rear remained 11.5."

Im planning to use Lyndall Z brake pads and I know that the part # for the rear is 7257. For the front rotor of 2014's and below it's 7256.

My problem now is for the front rotors coz the HD OEM part # is 41300102 and I cannot find the cross reference for Lyndall pads. My question is, has anyone changed their pads for the front rotor and what is the brake pad you use and it's part #. Thank you.

FWIW HD OEM part # for front rotor of 2014's is 46363-11 so I know it's really different for my year.

Last edited by kinect; 04-27-2016 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:49 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,857 Likes on 4,111 Posts

I can't offer you an answer, but if no one chimes in with a solution call Hog Pro.

They are my source for Lyndall Z+ brake pads and can likely tell you which rear pads you need.

The following users liked this post:
kinect (04-27-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 11:19 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts
Old 04-28-2016, 11:27 AM
OldCuss
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
EBC HH pads are the best ones to get for the front. They have the best bite hot or cold of any street pad and are low dust. and they are not expensive. this should be the correct part number for your bike but double check the EBC website. http://www.amazon.com/EBC-Brakes-FA4...ds+2015+harley
What he said.................had Lyndall pads on my polished rotors and they stopped the bike but squealed, screamed and hollered the hole time doing it .

kinect (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 11:35 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts

^^ what you said. I forgot to mention that the Lyndall's will be dicey on polished rotors. I love Lyndall pads with Lyndall discs, it is a good system. but for general excellent pads with typical steel rotors, polished or stock, and not getting bent over on price, you cannot beat the EBC HH compound. I run those pads on my Evo chopper with PM brakes / discs, excellent every time.

kinect (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 12:16 PM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 324 Posts

I have the Lyndall Z pads on a polished SS rotor in the front. I found that the stopping power to be somewhat lacking, requiring a lot of lever effort compared to other bikes.

Whether it's the rotor or the pads I can't say. At the suggestion of LA Dog, I bought the EBC HH pads. I have not installed them yet. Maybe this weekend, then I can report back if there is an appreciable difference once they are "bedded in."

kinect (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 12:42 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah bro, they haven't released pads for the '15 yet. I had to go a different route. I changed out the the caliper for a '14 caliper and then used Lyndalls pads. Had one laying around. Had to use a '14 caliper because sinister fudged and sent me a 14' fat Spoke wheel (through hog pro), and the 15 caliper is larger than the 14. So the caliper wouldn't clear the spokes. Appearently either sinister didn't know this or someone just dropped the ball.

So instead of going through all the shipping back and forth, just changed out the caliper. Easy fix

But they don't make 15 pads yet. Or at least they weren't available in Feb. 16

Last edited by CountryD; 04-28-2016 at 12:45 PM.
kinect (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 03:17 PM
kinect
Cruiser

Appreciate the comments guys, thanks so much. Im not really in a hurry coz I want to get what I want. I would probably stay with current rotor in the front and use ebc pads since they're not too expensive and use lyndall for the rear maybe just for kicks. I know this can be easily swapped so gonna do some experimenting myself.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:53 PM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
^^ what you said. I forgot to mention that the Lyndall's will be dicey on polished rotors. I love Lyndall pads with Lyndall discs, it is a good system. but for general excellent pads with typical steel rotors, polished or stock, and not getting bent over on price, you cannot beat the EBC HH compound. I run those pads on my Evo chopper with PM brakes / discs, excellent every time.
hey dog do u know the size of rotors we need for our breakouts off hand?are they the same size as the rockers?

Old 04-28-2016, 05:24 PM
kinect
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mike Lawless
I have the Lyndall Z pads on a polished SS rotor in the front. I found that the stopping power to be somewhat lacking, requiring a lot of lever effort compared to other bikes.

Whether it's the rotor or the pads I can't say. At the suggestion of LA Dog, I bought the EBC HH pads. I have not installed them yet. Maybe this weekend, then I can report back if there is an appreciable difference once they are "bedded in."
After giving it some thought, im definitely going to wait for your report sir. I don't want to sound stubborn for not listening for advice so if these ebc pads are good for polished rotors and will not affect the look of shiny polished rotors then im pretty sure to pull the trigger sooner than I expected.

Quick Reply: Lyndall Brake Pads for Polished Rotors