Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arnott Softail® Height Adjustable Fox Air Suspension System

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 07:02 PM
puzzled1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Arnott Softail® Height Adjustable Fox Air Suspension System

I just finished reading about 15 threads dating back to 2009 on air ride. Each thread morphed into this or that air. With all of that reading I still couldn't find what I was looking for so I'll ask.

I'm looking for first hand knowledge of what I am going to call the new style Arnott Air. I call it the new style as the early version was more of a air cylinder and the new setup is an actual shock. With that said I may be absolutely wrong there.

I'm not looking for info or suggestions on any other brand as there are countless threads discussing them. I am looking for end user info before I call Arnott and get the sales pitch. Thank you.

Project bike, Budget Build 2.0, 2000 Softail with front and rear air with storage tank for instant up air. 26" front wheel, bags, decent stereo (bags will be set up like my CVO RG), bunch of undecided stuff.....

Arnott’s new adjustable Air Suspension System for the Harley-Davidson Softail ® has been custom designed for the Softail frame to provide the rider with superior control, ride comfort and height adjustability. The kit, featuring Arnott’s TrueAIR technology, includes a rugged air spring bladder and is not an air cylinder or air assisted unit.

At the core of this patent-pending system is a custom gas pressure FOX shock absorber paired with a separate Goodyear® air spring encased in a protective housing, ensuring superior comfort, ride quality, and durability. Arnott includes a powerful compressor and black anodized cover which attaches to the regulator rectifier to hide and protect the compressor. The system also includes an application specific mounting bracket and an Arnott’s air distribution valve block with a muffler to control how fast air is released. Each kit includes everything you need for a fast and flawless installation including installation manual, fused wiring harness and relay assembly, handlebar mounted inflation switch, all necessary tubing, wiring, cable ties, fittings, and mounting accessories. Each kit is custom-crafted and rigorously tested in Arnott’s Florida manufacturing facility and is backed by Arnott’s Limited Lifetime Warranty. "ELEVATE YOUR RIDE"

Product Features:
• Fox Shock Absorber
• Heavy Duty Goodyear® Air Spring
• Compressor W/ Vent Solenoid
• Mounting Bracket & Black Compressor Cover
• 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Construction
• Handlebar Mounted Inflation Switch
• Engineered for the Harley-Davidson Softail
• Even Fully Deflated Fender Won’t Touch Tire
• Made & Tested in USA

Old 06-07-2016, 07:31 PM
DC Mike
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I will start by saying that I have not had experience with the products from this company. What I have had is experience with a Softail with uneven strength shocks. Every bump you hit gives you a very strange "speed wobble" from the rear end that feels like it's doing figure eights if that make sense? I'm sure other guys here know what I'm talking about....

Mike