Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally received my Danny Gray seat for the Breakout

Old 08-07-2016, 11:33 AM
burnsy87
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally received my Danny Gray seat for the Breakout

Ordered June 22, received Thursday, August 4th. Weekday 2up XL, Airhawk in both rider and passenger.

Been out on it 3 times, yesterday was our longest ride, about 3.5 hours almost non-stop.

From my perspective, the stock seat never really bothered me. It's absolutely an improvement, the Airhawk system is pretty cool, its extremely easy to use and I think it does make a difference. I'm happy with this purchase.

From my girlfriend's perspective, this was an unbelievable improvement. The stock pillion was an absolute joke. 6-7" wide, absolutely NO padding, it was like sitting on bricks. I'm impressed she dealt with it for a couple thousand miles. She's blown away how nice it is. She would start to feel pain 30 minutes into a ride, and if the road was bumpy, she was in some serious discomfort. Yesterday was her first ride on it, and she was extremely pleased with how comfortable it was. It's wide, which was a big deal. It's also got some real padding, plus the Airhawk system lets her adjust how 'full' the padding felt, and it prevented specific parts of her pretty little *** from getting too hot. Just add or release some air, and her main contact points shifted. She never had any pain, and just out of habit she was expecting instant pain after getting back on after getting gas a couple hours in. There was no pain.

From a design perspective, this thing is DAMN nice. The leather looks/smells great, and the stitched design (mandatory for the Airhawk installation) looks crisp and professional. In my rush to order it, I ordered titanium threads instead of the darker grey to match my Charcoal Denim Breakout, so it's a lighter color than I wanted, but that's my mistake. Another bonus is that this seat DOES work with the Harley sissy bar/luggage rack, which is necessary for me to get to and from work. I'm going to grab the adjustable sissy bar mounts so she can move it back a little, but it is compatible with the regular sissy bar and luggage rack. That was a big thing that Corbin couldn't do for me.

I'd be interested in seeing how the Le Pera stuff reviews, especially with gel, but I'm positive I finally found the seat that is staying on my Breakout. I'm a damn happy customer.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:05 PM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by burnsy87
Ordered June 22, received Thursday, August 4th. Weekday 2up XL, Airhawk in both rider and passenger.

Been out on it 3 times, yesterday was our longest ride, about 3.5 hours almost non-stop.

From my perspective, the stock seat never really bothered me. It's absolutely an improvement, the Airhawk system is pretty cool, its extremely easy to use and I think it does make a difference. I'm happy with this purchase.

From my girlfriend's perspective, this was an unbelievable improvement. The stock pillion was an absolute joke. 6-7" wide, absolutely NO padding, it was like sitting on bricks. I'm impressed she dealt with it for a couple thousand miles. She's blown away how nice it is. She would start to feel pain 30 minutes into a ride, and if the road was bumpy, she was in some serious discomfort. Yesterday was her first ride on it, and she was extremely pleased with how comfortable it was. It's wide, which was a big deal. It's also got some real padding, plus the Airhawk system lets her adjust how 'full' the padding felt, and it prevented specific parts of her pretty little *** from getting too hot. Just add or release some air, and her main contact points shifted. She never had any pain, and just out of habit she was expecting instant pain after getting back on after getting gas a couple hours in. There was no pain.

From a design perspective, this thing is DAMN nice. The leather looks/smells great, and the stitched design (mandatory for the Airhawk installation) looks crisp and professional. In my rush to order it, I ordered titanium threads instead of the darker grey to match my Charcoal Denim Breakout, so it's a lighter color than I wanted, but that's my mistake. Another bonus is that this seat DOES work with the Harley sissy bar/luggage rack, which is necessary for me to get to and from work. I'm going to grab the adjustable sissy bar mounts so she can move it back a little, but it is compatible with the regular sissy bar and luggage rack. That was a big thing that Corbin couldn't do for me.

I'd be interested in seeing how the Le Pera stuff reviews, especially with gel, but I'm positive I finally found the seat that is staying on my Breakout. I'm a damn happy customer.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:09 PM
burnsy87
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 08-07-2016, 03:04 PM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 96 Posts

Looks cool and I can imagine your girlfriend likes the new pillion.