Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air operated lift tables

Old 10-27-2016, 09:06 AM
durtyburt
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Air operated lift tables

Interested in buying a lift table, air operated. Would like feedback from those of you that have one,Handy,Titan, Redline,Black Widow etc.its for a Softail Slim.Please no feedback on Harbor Freight,I'm not interested. I've been eyeing Black Widow lift because I can pick-up locally, but I'm undecided. Thanx

Old 10-27-2016, 11:28 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 302 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by durtyburt
Interested in buying a lift table, air operated. Would like feedback from those of you that have one,Handy,Titan, Redline,Black Widow etc.its for a Softail Slim.Please no feedback on Harbor Freight,I'm not interested. I've been eyeing Black Widow lift because I can pick-up locally, but I'm undecided. Thanx
Good plan on the HF. Bought one. Then the hydraulics crapped out. Spent the $$ to convert to air with Redline & Titan parts. It's back together, but but still haven't got the Redline pump to bleed and lift correctly yet. This whole project has been a huge pain in the ***. Cutting, welding, ordering a pump base from Titan that took several months to get here from China. With the money spent on mods, could have easily bought a Titan.
Lesson learned. Some HF stuff is OK and will get you by. Major stuff like a bike lift, not so much.
One thing I will say about Titan - I dealt with Avijit when ordering my pump base. He responded, and responded quickly each and every time I had a question. The long wait was not Titan's fault. It was on the China end of the deal. Titan was actually waiting for parts for themselves off the same container ship.

Last edited by 2goldens; 10-27-2016 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:43 AM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 250 Posts

We use Handy lifts at the shop, we have eight of them and they have been great for us for the last nine years. At my house I have a lift from Derek Weaver. It is really similar to the Handy lifts but sells for under $600. I use it all the time and have had zero issues with it in the last 3 years.
https://www.derekweaver.com/motorcyc...?sort=priceasc

Old 10-27-2016, 12:13 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,376 Likes on 4,002 Posts

I got one a year ago... still use my J&S for some stuff, but the table is AWESOME!

Handy seems to be the standard. I have a softail and a bagger. Because my bagger is over 900lbs I didn't want a 1K-lb lift. I looked at the 1.5K-lb+ lifts.

I went with the K&L MC625R. It has two pneumatic rams, it has a max height of 40" (a lot of lifts are 33-35"), and the scissor mechanism rolls on a steel frame, not the floor like the handy.

I like the weight rating (rated @ 1750lbs, it's very solid), it works/sets on a steel frame (I have an epoxy floor and didn't want the epoxy worn away), and I will be sinking it into the floor (so the max 40" height was important).

Whatever you choose, get a quality lift and you (especially your back) will love it!!

Last edited by hattitude; 10-27-2016 at 12:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
durtyburt (10-28-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 12:39 PM
Back-n-Black
Road Warrior
Received 427 Likes on 229 Posts

I have a MacTools lift on order....

Old 10-27-2016, 03:45 PM
chrome-dome-dave
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

http://www.discountramps.com/black-w...p-kits/c/2500/

I'm buying this kit as soon as I move in my new garage I mean house in 3 weeks

Old 10-27-2016, 04:02 PM
elky72ss454
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
I got one a year ago... still use my J&S for some stuff, but the table is AWESOME!

Handy seems to be the standard. I have a softail and a bagger. Because my bagger is over 900lbs I didn't want a 1K-lb lift. I looked at the 1.5K-lb+ lifts.

I went with the K&L MC625R. It has two pneumatic rams, it has a max height of 40" (a lot of lifts are 33-35"), and the scissor mechanism rolls on a steel frame, not the floor like the handy.

I like the weight rating (rated @ 1750lbs, it's very solid), it works/sets on a steel frame (I have an epoxy floor and didn't want the epoxy worn away), and I will be sinking it into the floor (so the max 40" height was important).

Whatever you choose, get a quality lift and you (especially your back) will love it!!

X2 on what he said. I have a friend that has two of those lifts and they are fantastic. I have a lift table and it's ok but not near as good as the K&L.

Attached Thumbnails Air operated lift tables-102_4690.jpg   Air operated lift tables-on-lift.jpg  

Last edited by elky72ss454; 10-27-2016 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:18 PM
h-d wrencher
Stellar HDF Member
Received 796 Likes on 302 Posts

I've had my Titan XL 1500 for 3 years and not 1 problem yet.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:49 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I've had a Handy lift for 18 years. 16 years ago the snow collapsed my buddies shop where I was working on my FLHTC, it being on the lift at the time. The bike was totaled and the lift was tweeked a bit on the back starboard side. Rebuilt the bike and straitened the lift. The lift is still lifting and the bike being ridden by another. I would definitely like to have the newer Handy with the cutout on the rear wheel to facilitate tire changes. I bought another lift, at a garage sale, at my winter home in Az. It's a copy of the Handy and has the side extentions and is extra long for choppers. Bent it picking up a Yamaha Rhino and had to rebuild the air cylinder. You get what you pay for.

Old 10-28-2016, 06:03 AM
durtyburt
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanx for feedback, lotta choices out there. Like the Handy because it's the industry standard & made in USA, have a Condor wheel chock that could mount in front instead of wheel vise.Trying to find distributer where I can pick-up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Air operated lift tables