Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who wears a full face?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 01:40 PM
2ndgenmarine
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

never worn anything other than a full face. Icon Airflite w/ drop down internal dark visor because texas in the summer, the sun is 2 feet in front of you over the road.

No harry feeling riding in the rain. love bug season is annoying but not up my nose. and that time, that one time that that semi blew a fuel line next to me doin 75 and i was showered with diesel. smelled god awful but, it didnt get into my eyes or all over my face. 1 mile later the over whelming stench was gone, but damn did i have to get a new vest.

The following users liked this post:
BaggerSpringerGuy (08-29-2021)
Old 05-14-2021, 10:41 AM
badaim
Advanced
Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Ingramite
Being a square headed stubborn Dutchman, I understand how pointless it is to try to convince someone to try a full face helmet.
I know all the reasons and all the excuses because I used them myself for years.
Flea market and yard sale helmets pretty much soured me on them all together over the years.

The one fact that I couldn't dodge was the comfort factor.
I could actually see in the rain with a full face helmet on.
The first time I tried one on a hot summer day was what won me over.
Because of the venting this helmet was cooler than no helmet.
My prescription glasses stayed put and no tears.

I'm not going to act like I know more than I do by reciting stuff that I've read, accident survival and all that.
Comfort is the reason why I wear one now.

A couple of years ago I invested in an Arai Signet Q to fit my pointy head.
Next was the Tour shield that has a drop down smoke visor.
This helmet flows so much air at speed I have to wear foam earplugs because it sounds like a wind tunnel.
Pin Lock lens prevents fogging too.

Never say never because a good full face helmet will surprise you how much it adds to your comfort level.
Agree with you 100%. The same principle applies to a proper mesh armored jacket and pants in the summer. You have the protection and you are shielded from the burning sun. The mesh allows for great airflow and you arrive a lot less tired at your destination after 600 miles riding in 90 degree weather. I lost count how many times I get approached at a gas station and asked, "aren't you hot wearing all that?" If they only knew...

Old 05-14-2021, 11:30 AM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 807 Likes on 541 Posts

GF and I wear FF Bell Qualifier DLX MIPS w/ Sena SMH-10 Bluetooth coms for the long trips, coms come in handy.

The following 2 users liked this post by 04FXDI:
HeyDoc (05-14-2021), ThunderTruck (07-11-2021)
Old 07-10-2021, 01:57 PM
TBird1
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey.... new member here and 1st comment.

I used to have a 1/2 and 3/4 helmet. The FF was only for the cold winter months here in NE. While wearing the 3/4 one day because the morning was cool, on the way home from work I was taken out by a loose, charging Doberman. That 3/4 helmet did a good job but I still left some face on the pavement. Luckily, no broken jaw or missing teeth. Now, it's only FF for me, all the time. I wish they would make a helmet with just a minimal chin bar and an open face. Maybe a 7/8 helmet?

The following users liked this post:
ThunderTruck (07-11-2021)