Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Sold My Breakout!

Old 03-19-2017, 10:35 PM
LACOUNTRYHICK
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Just Sold My Breakout!

Just sold my 2013 Breakout! It was a fine bike but decided to buy my first bagger. I use to think bangers were for old guys lol, well I guess I'm officially an old guy now!

Old 03-20-2017, 12:24 AM
rquest
Road Master
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Please say nooooooo! I always disliked baggers and I thought this HD would be my last of a long chain, but recently I've see a few that I thought looked pretty cool. Could this be the beginning of the end? LOL

Old 03-20-2017, 01:23 AM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

It's ALL about the Baggers!!! Thought the same thing as you did till I took 1 on a test ride. Now I'm riding it more than my Sportbike! My buddies used to talk **** on me too till it got cold and I pulled a hoodie out of my bag...... or when it started raining and I brought my gortex! Or when I'm cruising down the road listening to tunes relaxed on cruise control and their hunched over or catching wind rocks etc to the chest......

Dont get me wrong I still love to ride other types of bikes but a Bagger will remain a constant in my stable.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:15 AM
LACOUNTRYHICK
Tourer

Originally Posted by MatteGlide15
It's ALL about the Baggers!!! Thought the same thing as you did till I took 1 on a test ride. Now I'm riding it more than my Sportbike! My buddies used to talk **** on me too till it got cold and I pulled a hoodie out of my bag...... or when it started raining and I brought my gortex! Or when I'm cruising down the road listening to tunes relaxed on cruise control and their hunched over or catching wind rocks etc to the chest......

Dont get me wrong I still love to ride other types of bikes but a Bagger will remain a constant in my stable.
Apparently according to others, I looked a little cramped on my Breakout and on long rides my hips would seem to hurt. Maybe it because I'm getting old, idk lol.
I know I'm going to get ****, but I bought an Indian! lol don't hate on me too bad, I still love Harleys!

Old 03-20-2017, 09:45 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 751 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by LACOUNTRYHICK
I use to think bangers were for old guys lol, well I guess I'm officially an old guy now!
Your comment makes me laugh.

Recently a guy I ride with from time-to-time traded his Ultra in on a Heritage.
He stated that the Ultra was just too much for what he needed and too damn much bike for an old guy to have to handle.

His words were not exactly as yours but he stated something simular to "I guess I'm officially an old guy now".

I bet you will be back on a softail in the not to distant future.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:15 AM
wyndnface
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,131 Likes on 1,055 Posts

I'm proud to be an old banger

Old 03-20-2017, 10:18 AM
jenksdrummer
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Young banger, old banger, mid-age crisis banger; ride what you ride

The following users liked this post:
toppy (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 10:26 AM
Paul On The Run
Tourer
Received 100 Likes on 58 Posts

Funny. My first H-D was a 2012 Road Glide Custom in denim black I bought brand new and 2 weeks ago I just traded it for a new 2016 Softail Slim S. I loved that bagger. I had it very custom but I wanted to try something new for a little bit. I been everywhere on that bagger so riding around town is hard to satiate that high of being on the open road and in my immediate future I won't be touring so for now I'm really enjoying my softail but I know in a couple years I'll get a Road Glide again. I was 29 when I bought my first HD bagger.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:16 PM
Reddog01
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LACOUNTRYHICK
Apparently according to others, I looked a little cramped on my Breakout and on long rides my hips would seem to hurt. Maybe it because I'm getting old, idk lol.
I know I'm going to get ****, but I bought an Indian! lol don't hate on me too bad, I still love Harleys!
I bought my Heritage from an Indian Dealership. They have some beautiful bikes! I'm sure you will enjoy it. At least you stayed with an American bike!

Old 03-20-2017, 05:17 PM
LACOUNTRYHICK
Tourer

Originally Posted by wyndnface
I'm proud to be an old banger
Beautiful bike!

The following users liked this post:
wyndnface (03-20-2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just Sold My Breakout!