Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Fatboy S - black denim

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 03:32 PM
Sparky357
Road Master
Received 241 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak Show
if you get work done on it by someone other than harley than that breaks their warranty
If you remove the catalytic converter and or use a non Harley tuner power train warranty voided as per decree signed.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:29 PM
jhblaze1
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak Show
if you get work done on it by someone other than harley than that breaks their warranty
no, it doesn't

lol idk where you guys come up with this ****

Old 05-22-2017, 01:29 PM
jhblaze1
Cruiser

Name:  20170519_192403.jpg
Views: 1241
Size:  207.2 KB

pipes on! this thing is loud!

Old 05-22-2017, 01:30 PM
jhblaze1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sparky357
If you remove the catalytic converter and or use a non Harley tuner power train warranty voided as per decree signed.
it will void the warranty on the exhaust system only, not the whole bike.

my god some of you guys are badly informed.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:37 PM
Sparky357
Road Master

Originally Posted by jhblaze1
it will void the warranty on the exhaust system only, not the whole bike.

my god some of you guys are badly informed.
Read the decree Harley just signed with the EPA before you run off !!!!

Old 05-22-2017, 01:47 PM
jhblaze1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sparky357
Read the decree Harley just signed with the EPA before you run off !!!!
on what planet would an epa "decree" legally be able to impact a previously written legal document (the warranty). That's simply not how this works. Rather than waste my time reading some "decree" I'll just read the warranty, which does NOT say that you can't put pipes on the bike.

The only way pipes would void the warranty if if they were the cause of an otherwise warrantied failure.

No one would buy a Harley if you couldn't put pipes on it. That's just absurd on its face. If you guys really believe this stupid bullshit, I have some ocean front property in Arizona I'll sell you real cheap!

Old 05-22-2017, 02:12 PM
Sparky357
Road Master

on what planet would an epa "decree" legally be able to impact a previously written legal document (the warranty). That's simply not how this works. Rather than waste my time reading some "decree" I'll just read the warranty, which does NOT say that you can't put pipes on the bike.

The only way pipes would void the warranty if if they were the cause of an otherwise warrantied failure.

No one would buy a Harley if you couldn't put pipes on it. That's just absurd on its face. If you guys really believe this stupid bullshit, I have some ocean front property in Arizona I'll sell you real cheap!
I guess you are in for a rude awakening. The pipes have a catalytic mesh in them. The aftermarket tuner s an even bigger no-no. Check out the Tooring section and tell the guy whose '17 RoadKing'warranty was voided that it wasn't legal. With your knowledge of this maybe HD can get pack the huge fine they paid !!!!

Old 05-22-2017, 04:11 PM
jhblaze1
Cruiser

I read the EPA consent decree. First of all it's about tuners, not pipes. It's specifically about Screamin Eagle tuners with specific part numbers, with only vague language (buried in the definitions section of the decree) to "similar" third party after market tuners. "Similar" is a vague enough word to be meaningless legally. It fails to define "similar" in any way or mention any vendors or part numbers.

Secondly, VH pipes and tuner won't ruin a motor. Thirdly, if you read the decree, you'd see that they can only deny power train claims IF and ONLY IF they have information that you're using a non compliant tuner. So, flash back to stock if you have to bring the bike in for POWER TRAIN warranty work. This will all have 100% ZERO impact on any non engine warranty work. Period. End of story.

Fourthly, I called my dealer, spoke to the owner (small family owned shop) and he said they don't give a **** about pipes and tuners and not to worry about my warranty.

Lastly, the warranty is only good for 2 lousy years. Given that the engine is not going to break due to VH pipes or the tuner, I'm really not at all worried about it. Since I'm putting cams on next year and maybe even head work, I honestly give approximately 0 ***** about the warranty. If I was at all worried I'd spend an hour putting the stock **** back on and re-flashing it to the stock map.

Honestly, why would anyone buy a harley if they couldn't put pipes and a tuner on it? You either have a junk dealer or gross misunderstandings (or both) of what the EPA consent decree says.

Old 05-22-2017, 04:11 PM
jhblaze1
Cruiser

I started a thread about my new bike. Go crap up someone else's thread with all this stupid warranty ****.

The following 3 users liked this post by jhblaze1:
aroacha5446 (05-24-2017), Mother (05-23-2017), soldierbot (06-08-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 05:30 PM
sbarron
Road Master
Received 200 Likes on 143 Posts

I started a thread about my new bike. Go crap up someone else's thread with all this stupid warranty ****.

*drops mic*

Congrats on the new scoot. 2011 FB-Lo here, you're gonna enjoy that bike!

The following users liked this post:
jhblaze1 (05-23-2017)

Quick Reply: 2017 Fatboy S - black denim