Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Fat Boy S added Hard Bags

Old 06-18-2017, 08:19 AM
Otter
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

Don’t mind him, he’s just grouchy and drunk, lol

Old 06-18-2017, 08:32 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
Unhappy

i think the fatboy softtails look funny with bags. they do not belong on the bike.

Old 06-18-2017, 08:34 AM
ronaldrwl
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 229 Posts

I like it!
I'll be looking to do something like this in the future. I have my around town bikes and need something for the open road. But I just don't like the big touring bikes. The ones I like are the Slim, Street & Fat Bob. Add a small windshield and some bags and that will be my touring bike. So do it your way👍

Old 06-18-2017, 08:48 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatboy16S
Tampa Fatboy, dis away. I like constructive criticism. Took it out tonight and was able to bring home a growler of beer in one of the bags. Enjoying that aspect as I sit here. Jeffreydsilver, Thanks! It is Captain Itch. The crotch cooler works really good as all heat coming from under the seat is pretty much gone. As for the HD leather bags, I had a set lined up on ebay and after it fell through came across the hard bags on Craigslist and couldn't pass up the deal. My brother has a street glide and was my pack mule whenever we rode together. Looking to have a custom fender bib done at some point from a place called Sundog Leather.
It's all good, respect for everyone and the way they set their scoot up. Try not to take my input as a derogatory statement. One thing learned over the years, it's not what you ride, but rather that you do ride

Old 06-18-2017, 09:35 AM
Fatboy16S
Cruiser
Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

It's all good! If we all liked the same thing, there wouldn't be any point to this forum or all the HD bills spent on these things. Three months ago I would have never put hard bags on my scoot, but here I am with them and loving it. Thanks for every ones opinions. Otter, that is one sweet ride! Love the apes, but my body would be angry with me if I did that to mine.

Does anyone happen to know if there is a set of black bag guards that will fit. I already ordered CD led lights and will make the filler panels this week to hold the lights.

Old 06-18-2017, 06:33 PM
baloot-boy
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Bike looks good. I like it without the bags though as well, although you can't beat the functionality of them. And I'm such a hipocrite because I have bags on my deluxe too....lol

Old 06-18-2017, 08:30 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

bike looks good...I wish I had hard bags but like the naked look too much. when your riding buddies ask if they can put X in your bags you can tell em to F off
LOL

Old 06-18-2017, 08:55 PM
Ceez
Cruiser
Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

I like it mane, think it looks great. Does that crotch cooler cut down significantly on the heat coming up? Curious may end up getting one if it makes that big of a difference.

Old 06-19-2017, 04:51 PM
Fla-kruzen
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What type of bags are they? Harley or aftermarket? I think they look great but more importantly, functional...need a place to carry stuff....great job!

Old 06-19-2017, 05:55 PM
Fatboy16S
Cruiser
Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by LiL CeeZ
I like it mane, think it looks great. Does that crotch cooler cut down significantly on the heat coming up? Curious may end up getting one if it makes that big of a difference.
The crotch cooler has cut the heat significantly. It is one of the best functional good looking things I have done to the bike
Worth the money!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 Fat Boy S added Hard Bags