Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The day the softail died, and the moco lost its mind.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 12:04 PM
TeaRunner
Road Master
Received 212 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by CVOJOE
Last I checked the Harley Davidson dealers were Independent dealers and not a Non-Profit group. I do not begrudge them making the most money they can. I own 2 small businesses and I maximize their profits in every way I can. Why should they be any different?

When dealing with them, bargain carefully and don't let them get their hand too deep in your pocket or they, as well as anyone will come out with all your spare change
I expect that from dealing with a mom and pop on say a lawn mower who I will never see again. They get one shot at me.

If you're expecting to see that customer again or want them to come back over and over for service, parts, and eventual trade-ins you need to build relationships with them.

Mugging is not the way to establish that relationship.

I would be fine with the dealership being my one stop shop for oil, cleaners, parts, etc... If I actually liked them. I go out of my way to shop around just to deny my local dealership business because I hate their mug 'em and dump 'em attitude. I feel like I'm walking into a pool of slimy eels whenever I have to go in there.

Get in and get the hell out.

Last edited by TeaRunner; 08-24-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:08 PM
CVOJOE
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak Show
they have their hand in your pocket every time you return. i have yet to buy a bike through the stealership. independent or not, money is still going back to the MOCO before it goes to the stealer
Gesh Freak Show, you seem like a good dude. Did some HD Dealer beat you up at a young age? You seem extremely bitter against HD and their Dealers, what up brother???

Old 08-24-2017, 12:12 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

they don't seem to want to help anyone around here. had a buddy who just bought a bike, his oil cap blew off a week later and they told him sorry about your luck.... that erked me.. i talked the manager into finding him one, but it took 20 minutes.. but thanks Joe. a lot of people around here think i don't know what i'm talking about or have nothin to contribute..ehh,lol

Old 08-24-2017, 12:18 PM
CVOJOE
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by TeaRunner
I expect that from dealing with a mom and pop on say a lawn mower who I will never see again. They get one shot at me.

If you're expecting to see that customer again or want them to come back over and over for service, parts, and eventual trade-ins you need to build relationships with them.

Mugging is not the way to establish that relationship.

I would be fine with the dealership being my one stop shop for oil, cleaners, parts, etc... If I actually liked them. I go out of my way to shop around just to deny my local dealership business because I hate their mug 'em and dump 'em attitude. I feel like I'm walking into a pool of slimy eels whenever I have to go in there.

Get in and get the hell out.
I have only dealt with two HD dealers over my last decade of Harley ownership. Paris HD and American Eagle HD, both are owned by individual people and not corporations. I have never got that feeling from either one. I guess it's who your dealing with. I go out of my way to get to know the owners and upper management on a first name basis. If I have an issue I take it straight to the top and usually we come to an agreement that good for both of us.

Old 08-24-2017, 12:23 PM
TeaRunner
Road Master
Received 212 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by CVOJOE
I have only dealt with two HD dealers over my last decade of Harley ownership. Paris HD and American Eagle HD, both are owned by individual people and not corporations. I have never got that feeling from either one. I guess it's who your dealing with. I go out of my way to get to know the owners and upper management on a first name basis. If I have an issue I take it straight to the top and usually we come to an agreement that good for both of us.
Should meet the owners of Rider's and Heart of Dixie in Birmingham, Al. Real pieces of work.

Old 08-24-2017, 12:28 PM
Jessica Sinclair
Road Captain
Received 132 Likes on 71 Posts

3 of my friends are having problems with their Low Rider S and and CVO Breakout - engine problems and Harley refuses to honor their warranty because all these bikes were modded with exhaust pipes and Screaming Eagle Super Tuner.

So just incase you didn't already know if you mod your bike in any way shape or form with a tuner or pipes HD will not honor their warranty. |

That's how Harley will lose customers.

Old 08-24-2017, 12:31 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

they don't want you moding it outside of their garage. if they put the pipes and tuner on, they're ok with it. but that's how they get more of your money. and that's what it's all about, getting you to open your wallet or their credit card with the 23% interest rate

The following users liked this post:
Jessica Sinclair (08-24-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 12:42 PM
Otter
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Jessica Sinclair
3 of my friends are having problems with their Low Rider S and and CVO Breakout - engine problems and Harley refuses to honor their warranty because all these bikes were modded with exhaust pipes and Screaming Eagle Super Tuner.

So just incase you didn't already know if you mod your bike in any way shape or form with a tuner or pipes HD will not honor their warranty. |

That's how Harley will lose customers.
That is patently illegal. Pay an attourney a hours wages to call and remind them of the Magnuson-Moss act. They will honor the warranty, promise.

Old 08-24-2017, 12:51 PM
katanaplanet
Banned
Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts

I like everything in the 2018 line up. Softails getting the M8, oil cooler are great IMO. Fat boy stole the show!

Old 08-24-2017, 12:51 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

did anyone catch this. game changer if you want to change riser top clamps

Attached Thumbnails The day the softail died, and the moco lost its mind.-ae6f687d74cf45a7b9049cce_420x258.jpg  

Quick Reply: The day the softail died, and the moco lost its mind.