Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The day the softail died, and the moco lost its mind.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 02:41 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
That new FatBoy is hidious.
Yeah..... I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.
They pretty much destroyed a true Icon of their line-up.

The following users liked this post:
Freak Show (08-24-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 02:52 PM
Jessica Sinclair
Road Captain
Received 132 Likes on 71 Posts

i dont understand the hate on 18 models ... i absolutely love them !!!! It's about time Harley did this ... but still not happy with single disc brake on softail this is abhorrent !!! They wont give us dual disc brakes because of the front diving forks so they hid this flaw by giving us terrible single front disc brake hoping that we wont' find out.

Old 08-24-2017, 02:56 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

people want to see their wheels, not hide them.. i have ABS. you have to prepare to slow down a lot sooner. takes some getting used to. the first time really having to use them was not fun

Jessica Sinclair (08-24-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 02:59 PM
Jessica Sinclair
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Freak Show
people want to see their wheels, not hide them.. i have ABS. you have to prepare to slow down a lot sooner. takes some getting used to. the first time really having to use them was not fun
Yes because of the front diving folk i had to alter my riding ... preparing to stop much earlier than before but God forbid if i must use it in emergency

Old 08-24-2017, 03:09 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

i did. on a back road. bumper to bumper going south, i was going north and i came up on a road that led onto my road, so i just happened to look over. then the traffic opened a hole and a car peeks through blocking my entire lane. i hit the brakes doing 60 and it just rolled. with just missing a sign i went into a farm field. kept the bike up.. the guy didnt even have room to turn his car. took him a few trys of backing and turning.. he finally pulled up and rolled his window down shrugging his shoulders at me... after screaming at him and people in the other cars yelling at him,,, he took off fast!

Old 08-24-2017, 03:26 PM
Jessica Sinclair
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Freak Show
i did. on a back road. bumper to bumper going south, i was going north and i came up on a road that led onto my road, so i just happened to look over. then the traffic opened a hole and a car peeks through blocking my entire lane. i hit the brakes doing 60 and it just rolled. with just missing a sign i went into a farm field. kept the bike up.. the guy didnt even have room to turn his car. took him a few trys of backing and turning.. he finally pulled up and rolled his window down shrugging his shoulders at me... after screaming at him and people in the other cars yelling at him,,, he took off fast!
That's the risk we take when we ride bikes unfortunately this kind of mishaps is an every day occurrence

Old 08-24-2017, 04:53 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,754 Likes on 768 Posts

Originally Posted by Jessica Sinclair
Yes because of the front diving folk i had to alter my riding ... preparing to stop much earlier than before but God forbid if i must use it in emergency
I installed Progressive fork springs, with SE heavy duty fork oil, a Lyndall floating rotor and Performance Machine 6 piston differential bore caliper, with Lyndall Z-Plus pads, on Reaper. No more diving front end, and she stops a lot quicker.

I agree that the stock setup was very mushy!

Cheers!

Jessica Sinclair (08-24-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 05:11 PM
Gimper
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd buy the new Springer.

Oops...err... Nevermind.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:21 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Jessica Sinclair
i dont understand the hate on 18 models ... i absolutely love them !!!! It's about time Harley did this ... but still not happy with single disc brake on softail this is abhorrent !!! They wont give us dual disc brakes because of the front diving forks so they hid this flaw by giving us terrible single front disc brake hoping that we wont' find out.
Really? You're worried about the single disc brake? Think the look of the new bikes are abhorant. A monoshock? A fake oil tank cover? That falls into the fake gas tank that some bikes have.....there should never be anything fake on a Harley.....they invented all of the things on a motorcycle......fake **** should not even enter the equation n a Harley.

The following 6 users liked this post by musicnbikes:
02603SEC (08-25-2017), HenryT (08-24-2017), Jessica Sinclair (08-24-2017), lowflight (09-01-2017), splattttttt (08-24-2017), the blob (08-24-2017) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-24-2017, 06:02 PM
FLSTC-Dave
Road Captain
Received 351 Likes on 188 Posts

Really? You're worried about the single disc brake? Think the look of the new bikes are abhorant. A monoshock? A fake oil tank cover? That falls into the fake gas tank that some bikes have.....there should never be anything fake on a Harley.....they invented all of the things on a motorcycle......fake **** should not even enter the equation n a Harley.

Here here man!

FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER (08-25-2017)

Quick Reply: The day the softail died, and the moco lost its mind.