Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018..Best Fatboy ever!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 08:06 AM
TeaRunner
Road Master
Received 212 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak Show
why would you consider it a muscle. didn't have a ton of torque, and the top speed was 105.. it's for cruising not meant to be a rocket.. outdated.. classy doesn't become outdated. their version of the muscle bike was the v-rod, and look where that got them. low sales and now it's gone
Think Vrod would have done better had it been half as nimble as the competition. Drag bikes are pretty much one trick ponies.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:07 AM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 635 Likes on 326 Posts

why would you consider it a muscle. didn't have a ton of torque, and the top speed was 105.. it's for cruising not meant to be a rocket.. outdated.. classy doesn't become outdated. their version of the muscle bike was the v-rod, and look where that got them. low sales and now it's gone
Muscle never ment super fast. Look at Muscle cars. There usually Heavy big cars with a v8. Not a Sports car or Super car! There quick not fast and all about style. I never said a Super Bike!

Plus don't worry about the Muscle part. Its the Modern part that matters. The Fat Boy was originally designed to be Modern and ahead of its time. It became dated because Harley never refreshed it. So people just got use to the same 90s style look. But when it first came out it was different and that was the point!

And now its finally Back! Big Bold and different and on Top!

The following users liked this post:
Søren Rix Petersen (08-24-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 08:15 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by Zakk13
Muscle never ment super fast. Look at Muscle cars. There usually Heavy big cars with a v8. Not a Sports car or Super car! There quick not fast and all about style. I never said a Super Bike!

Plus don't worry about the Muscle part. Its the Modern part that matters. The Fat Boy was originally designed to be Modern and ahead of its time. It became dated because Harley never refreshed it. So people just got use to the same 90s style look. But when it first came out it was different and that was the point!

And now its finally Back! Big Bold and different and on Top!
it didn't need to be refreshed. and now it's become a movie prop. i remember 15 years ago when every chopper had a 240/ 250 tire. Then victory flooded the market with their bike and the 240, again look where they are. Riding on a beach ball no matter what engine size is not gonna do well. good luck leaning that bike over without getting to the point where the tire gives you that oh **** moment. look at the guys who put the huge tire on the back of a sport bike. they're good for going straight. last i checked people like to do twistie roads, lol not on that thing

Jessica Sinclair (08-24-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 08:20 AM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Thumbs up

it didn't need to be refreshed. and now it's become a movie prop. i remember 15 years ago when every chopper had a 240/ 250 tire. Then victory flooded the market with their bike and the 240, again look where they are. Riding on a beach ball no matter what engine size is not gonna do well. good luck leaning that bike over without getting to the point where the tire gives you that oh **** moment. look at the guys who put the huge tire on the back of a sport bike. they're good for going straight. last i checked people like to do twistie roads, lol not on that thing
I respect your opinion and well all have different taste! But lets face it it was a Movie prop back in the 1990s too. Terminator! Lol. And I have a feeling it will be again in some Action or comic Movie in the near Future!

That says a lot considering it was almost dead.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:20 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

i've done this road twice, and have not seen any big fat tire bikes on it, can't imagine i'd do it on the new FB either. would you?

Attached Thumbnails 2018..Best Fatboy ever!!-todmap.jpg  
Old 08-24-2017, 08:30 AM
TeaRunner
Road Master
Received 212 Likes on 144 Posts

i've done this road twice, and have not seen any big fat tire bikes on it, can't imagine i'd do it on the new FB either. would you?

I've done it on my 13 Lo. If The lean angle is better on the new FB as claimed, it should have no problems.

The following 2 users liked this post by TeaRunner:
Jessica Sinclair (08-24-2017), Zakk13 (08-24-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 08:30 AM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

Where I live in PA every road is like the Dragon. Even just leaving my house. I took a V rod for a long rip a couple years ago with the 240mm and it handled fine! Better actually. 40mm more is not that Huge of a difference from the 200mm. Now if your coming from a Sportster or a Slim or something then you might have to get use to the way it handles. But its really not much different.

I remember years ago with they started putting the 200mm on the Softail Customs and Night train. People bitched and moaned. Saying it would handle like sh$t. Well that time as come and gone and now that size in the norm. If it was a 280mm or 300mm I would agree with you. Harley is one of the last companies that would put a tire on a bike that couldn't handle well. Trust me its all good.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:31 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

here are more pics of what goes on there. no way would i take that bike

Attached Thumbnails 2018..Best Fatboy ever!!-img_83731.jpg   2018..Best Fatboy ever!!-treeofshame.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 08-24-2017, 08:32 AM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TeaRunner
I've done it on my 13 Lo. If The lean angle is better on the new FB as claimed, it should have no problems.
Exactly.. Lean angle is whats important. And I'm pretty sure all the new bikes are taller and lighter!

Old 08-24-2017, 08:34 AM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

here are more pics of what goes on there. no way would i take that bike
Lol. That's a Huge Top heavy Bagger for one! Plus you can wreck any thing on a road like that with lack of experience!

The following 2 users liked this post by Zakk13:
Marty31 (08-28-2017), Rakthi (08-25-2017)

Quick Reply: 2018..Best Fatboy ever!!