Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm a believer...2018 Heritage 114...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 11:54 PM
DanBO18
Tourer
Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts

Very nice bike. My '18 Breakout 114 is wicked red but I like that denim finish a lot too. Congratz!

Old 09-08-2017, 02:34 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisHo
Congratulations on the new bike. So far how has it compared to your old Road King? Is the suspension as good as others suggested it is? How are those new LEDs? They don't quite look like Daymakers of old so I am a bit curious. For my odd question, how is the jiffy stand, does it feel as secure as the one on your old King?
About 600 miles so far and really enjoying it. This thing scoots!! I find the suspension much more comfortable than my RK...softer over bumps, but no wallowing. Feels plush yet very controlled. No pogo, no bottoming either. I do notice the 100 lbs less in mostly good ways, although it does react to the road a tiny bit more...less of a steamroller. I'll be interested to see if Mich Commander IIs settle it a bit...stock Dunlops always seem to like following every seam they touch from past experience. Nothing unnerving about it, it's just quicker steering combined with a Dunlop tread pattern and less weight inertia behind it. The brakes are better even with just a single disc...again, weight helps a lot I'm sure. Headlights are bright to me, better than the king, but I never had Day makers to compare. As for the stand...it's easier to deploy, shorter, and rock solid...none of the shifting the jiffy would do when settling...also its angle is more confidence inspiring....although the Jiffy always did it's job despite looking like it was only about half way deployed in the right light. Bags a slightly smaller. Not terrible, but I had to get creative on a grocery trip. Also the latch extends into the opening so you have to load and unload around it...no more dropping in a bag sized rectangular package from the top....down the road I might go for a different bag for style and capacity...otherwise they are nice. The shield is better than my stock RK was. I put a LRS on the RK...don't think I'll need to on the Heritage. It's perfect height for me at 5'6. They also did away with the little spring clips that sat over the top mount posts and rattled a bit on bumps on the old detachable. Cleaner and quieter design.

Overall 99% of what I liked/needed in the RK, but much lighter, faster, and better handling. I'm pretty dang happy!

Originally Posted by RoadTrippin'
I think out of the new 2018 line, The Heritage looks the best. You've got yourself a nice bike my friend.
Thanks. I still go to the garage just to look at it.

Originally Posted by DanBO18
Very nice bike. My '18 Breakout 114 is wicked red but I like that denim finish a lot too. Congratz!
Yes! I love that Wicked Red too. Enjoy that beast!!

Last edited by Thingfish; 09-08-2017 at 09:38 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Thingfish:
ChrisHo (09-08-2017), mtgriz (09-08-2017), Rakthi (09-19-2017), rauchman (09-21-2017), rideon (09-08-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 05:03 PM
firefox23508
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Exactly the bike I want! Currently ride a 14 Road King but want that new Heritage! Have you ridden without the windshield? That's the first thing that comes off my bikes. Can you post some pics with the shield off?

Old 09-19-2017, 05:57 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

I have taken the shield off a few times. Easier than the RK without the little tension clip on top. Looks great. Less wind blast than my RK due to the tank being higher I think. On my RK I loved the shield off, but noticed more wind sail effect at higher speeds than on the Heritage. It's the perfect height for me so I barely know it's there when it's on and it does it's job well. I put an LRS recurve on my RK, but don't think I'll need to this Heritage. I'll snap some pics tonight, but if you look up Lexpert he has a Twisted Cherry Heritage and he posted pics with shield off and also bags off. He posted a review early on.

Last edited by Thingfish; 09-19-2017 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:01 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

While I'm waiting for an opportunity to shoot and post my own pic, here's Lexpert's thread with some great pics he took.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ht-review.html

The following 2 users liked this post by Thingfish:
ChrisHo (09-21-2017), firefox23508 (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 11:11 AM
Gizmo83
Road Master
Received 456 Likes on 264 Posts

I've been trying to find an '18 Heritage in just about any color other than Red Iron Denim and I'm striking out. HD must have a raging boner for this color. I'd really just like black but would also consider silver, the two tone denim, twisted cherry.... as long as it's a 114. Bummer.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:25 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gizmo83
I've been trying to find an '18 Heritage in just about any color other than Red Iron Denim and I'm striking out. HD must have a raging boner for this color. I'd really just like black but would also consider silver, the two tone denim, twisted cherry.... as long as it's a 114. Bummer.
I'm sure they are coming soon. Lexpert has the Twisted Cherry which looks great so they must be somewhere! We're all joking the red denim came first because it skipped getting painted. I'm just lucky I actually like that color. Really goes well with the gloss black accents imo. Doubt there's a bad color for this bike.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:38 PM
Mike2584
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im impatiently awaiting the anniversary heritage. I already put the laid the down payment so the first and maybe only one at my dealership is mine. Has anyone seen one yet at a dealership? I really cant wait and I have a one track mind so its all Ive thought about for 2 weeks now.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:23 AM
Another Old Timer
Tourer
Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

The new Heritage that I have on order is a 114 Silver. Never seen one and have no idea what it will look like..............

Old 09-21-2017, 02:47 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
Cool

my dealer had a black hertiage looked preety nice 114

Quick Reply: I'm a believer...2018 Heritage 114...